Belly busting diet

jezkidd
jezkidd Posts: 6 Member
i know that low carb diets are best for this, but I'm also that we need the carbs for energy. Also, if I go low carb for too long I often feel hungry and lack energy in the gym. Any advice/thoughts?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    There is no "diet" that targets a specific body part. Go low carb if it's easier to achieve a calorie deficit for losing weight in general, but losing weight amounts to eating at a deficit. I never went low carb because it doesn't work for my tastes and energy needs, but you have to figure that out for yourself. Read up on nutrition because you don't quite have the facts straight.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Low carb diets are not necessary for losing weight or "belly busting." My advice: Eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight and incorporate exercise you enjoy, including resistance training to retain lean mass.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Low carb diets don't magically target belly fat. That's a myth.

If you don't like low carb diets then don't do them - a calorie deficit is all you need to lose weight and you body will decide where that comes from.

Calorie deficit for weightloss
    Lifting for muscle retention
    Cardio for heart and lung health.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Low carb diets are not necessary for losing weight or "belly busting." My advice: Eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight and incorporate exercise you enjoy, including resistance training to retain lean mass.

I need to type faster :laugh:
  • jezkidd
    jezkidd Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks. It's good to know as I'm often concerned about my weight. I do try and stick to complex carbs and I'm often at a deficit caloRies wise anyway as I have an active job and cycle pretty much everywhere. So I guess it's more about balance....
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Going low carb will make you retain less water but it will not help you lose fat. A lot of people, when retaining water, hold it in their midsections, so you might appear to be smaller in that area. But then as soon as you up your carbs, you'll have the water weight gain and, depending on how low carb you've been eating and how big of a carb increase you make, that gain could be sizable. You hit it on the head when you said that it is about balance.
  • westj1975
    westj1975 Posts: 3 Member
    It is my understanding that protein helps with that "feeling full". I've found having some walnuts or Greek yogurt helps to keep me fuller longer.
  • jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Only benefit I have seen on my moderate carb no added sugar full fat diet is I feel fuller longer and don't have urge to snack