Nobody notices!

Options
Blubberboss
Blubberboss Posts: 26 Member
Nobody notices that I've lost weight! Granted it's only 15 lbs so far, but I can really see a difference. When did people start noticing your weight loss and did many say anything about it? It would encourage me so much if my friends and family would comment on my accomplishment!

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Nobody notices that I've lost weight! Granted it's only 15 lbs so far, but I can really see a difference. When did people start noticing your weight loss and did many say anything about it? It would encourage me so much if my friends and family would comment on my accomplishment!

Ive lost about 25 and no one has noticed but me either don't feel bad, just keep doing it for you and everyone else will see

• Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Those who work with you or see you every day will be the last to notice, while those who rarely see you will pick up on it right away! I lost about 40 pounds before my wife really said anything about it.
  • christybarnwell
    christybarnwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pick up a 5 pound bag of sugar. See how heavy it can feel? You've lost 3 of those!! They WILL notice eventually! Keep it up.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I think it is usually around the 30lb mark. People you see often are less likely to notice until you lose more. People you dont see often, tend to notice quicker.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP how many people know that you are trying to lose weight?

A lot of people I know IRL know that has been the goal for years. Some know the true reason why. For me I was actually having comments during my unintentional body recomp phase before I introduce a calorie deficit.

BTW OP: Some people say weight is a very personal topic and choose to just keep quiet about it. That does not mean no one has notice your weight loss.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27 lbs and friends and family are finally starting to notice. My husband and I noticed at 15 lbs.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    As long as you notice the change that is happening to yourself inside and out, that is all that truly matters. Some people don't notice unless it is right in their face can't ignore, and others, are wrapped up in their own life to notice.

The reason you are disappointed, is because you have expected others to act in the same manner you would have. When you have that kind of mindset, you will be disappointed, because you are placing yourself onto others without realizing it.

Keep working on you and be proud.
  • nlacey49
    nlacey49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11lbs and no one has really commented on it other than a neighbor I see maybe once a month. Well, my family and husband comments on it, but I think they're just trying to make me feel better!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    No one noticed on me until I'd lost over 30 pounds. Give it time.
  • Blubberboss
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

A lot of people I know IRL know that has been the goal for years. Some know the true reason why. For me I was actually having comments during my unintentional body recomp phase before I introduce a calorie deficit.

BTW OP: Some people say weight is a very personal topic and choose to just keep quiet about it. That does not mean no one has notice your weight loss.

I have not told anyone I'm working at my weight, other than my immediate family. My eight year old and 6 year old told me I look different but they're the only ones. :)
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I went from 130 to 113 and nobody noticed! I went down two sizes but my shape really didn't change that much, just a smaller version of myself, oh well, I did it for me not them anyways
  • Blubberboss
    Options
    I went from 130 to 113 and nobody noticed! I went down two sizes but my shape really didn't change that much, just a smaller version of myself, oh well, I did it for me not them anyways
    Ya, I gotta keep in mind it's for myself, not for them. I'm doing it for a more healthy me and the 'more chic me' is just the side bonus. :)
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Same here. I've lost 22 lbs so far. I'm 5'11" so it doesn't show as quickly. Nobody noticed anything, but I do - my old jeans fit :) As mentioned before, people who see you every day won't notice. Taking pictures of myself helped me to realise my progress also! Give it time!
  • yopeeps025
    edited July 2015
    Options

I have not told anyone I'm working at my weight, other than my immediate family. My eight year old and 6 year old told me I look different but they're the only ones. :)

So if people don't really know you are working on losing weight you're upset they don't comment when you do?
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've been going hard since May 1st, and people are just now starting to comment. Don't worry, people will notice!
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    yeah people didn't really comment on my weight loss unit like 20 pounds i think they don't want to say anything, like it would be implying that you were over weight. only people really close to me say anything at all.
  • Blubberboss
    Options

So if people don't really know you are working on losing weight you're upset they don't comment when you do?
    Not upset... just disappointed that my hard work isn't noticeable yet :/
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Not upset... just disappointed that my hard work isn't noticeable yet :/

Just because people haven't said it does not mean its unnoticeable.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    People you see more frequently (but not daily) and for longer periods of time (as in, not just in passing) will notice faster. People also "notice" when they know you are trying to lose weight. My family noticed at 10lb, but my wife probably mentioned it while I wasn't in the room.

I'm now down 18lb and 2 belt loops and no one outside of family has said anything. I don't expect anyone to say anything (but I secretly hope they do) until I'm closer to 175 (45lb down) and have built more muscle.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    people might notice and just not say anything. I wouldn't say anything to anyone unless it was well known they were actively trying I'd congratulate them, but like coworkers, friends I don't see on a regular basis, nah I wouldn't feel the need to mention it. People get mad when you say they're not skinny, they get mad if you say nothing, and they get mad if you call them skinny so I just keep my mouth shut.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!