What's some low cal Breakfast that's Healty

Options
i been struggling with eating healthy please help..

Replies

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you want to spend? That will give us a starting place.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Two eggs and 200 grams of strawberries would be about 210 calories.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I like raspberries. They're low-cal and fiberlicious. Having a high fiber breakfast is one of the things I do, so the raspberries help with that.

Breakfast cereals can be good sources of fiber, too.

Whole grain toast, eggs, yogurt...whatever healthy stuff you like! :)
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    26l0yo4kqnbw.jpg

My breakfast today!
    Egg in a Baked Potato bowl
    Topped with 1tsp of shredded cheese, half slice of bacon & a little scallion
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My most frequent breakfast.

8ddq7d5qroei.jpg
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't like a large breakfast. I usually have a light yogurt and 15 almonds= 175 cal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    how do you define "healthy?" I ask because it's really a relative term...i.e. some people think carbs come straight from the depths of hell and have been sent here to destroy you...others like me, not so much.

also, do you have any medical issues that would necessitate eating a certain way...i.e. kidney/renal issues, PCOS, diabetes, etc? these types of things will make a difference as to what would be healthy or not so healthy for you...someone with these kinds of issues are going to have to eat differently than someone without said issues.

during the week I usually have 1/2 cup prepared black beans with two scrambled eggs smothered in New Mexico Green Chiles...otherwise I have a couple of scrambled eggs and some oats and blueberries. On weekends I like making curried lentils with a poached egg and sauteed greens. On Sunday I usually take a long ride in the morning so I opt for some buttered whole grain toast and fruit to keep it light and then eat a bigger meal when I return.
  • Hannahhime
    Hannahhime Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1 cup of Honey nut cheerios and a half cup of milk is really low cal but pretty filling for me! :)
  • igotstamina
    igotstamina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make an egg white omelet loaded with veggies and a pinch of fat free shredded cheese.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Bacon on toast with a little cheese spread & baked beans.
    Very filling.
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal made with almond milk (half cup each), which gives me a base of 165 calories (150 for the oats, 15 for the almond milk). From there, I add fruit (fresh or frozen), maybe some honey, nuts, etc. Sometimes I just do cinnamon and a teaspoon of maple syrup if I have no fruit on hand. There are so many things you can do with oatmeal. Mine usually ends up being around 250 calories with add-ons.

If I'm very lazy, I may eat a bowl of cereal with almond milk and a piece of fruit.

On weekends, I'm more likely to eat scrambled eggs and salsa, sometimes in a wrap. I occasionally eat this for lunch as well!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Some of my recent breakfasts: Anasazi burrito (frozen burrito from Sweet Earth Foods), 290 calories; leftover pizza with Frank's Red Hot Sauce, 513 calories, (more calories than I usually eat for breakfast, but I balanced it out the rest of the day); Flour tortilla with non-dairy cream cheese and salsa, 310 calories; Bagel with non-dairy cream cheese and V8, 470 calories; Lentil sausage and tempeh bacon, 320 calories; Tofu quiche, 339 calories; black-eyed pea soup, 228 calories.

When choosing breakfasts, I usually look at what I want to eat for the rest of the day and what my planned activities are (am I doing more exercise that day?). I like the convenience of eating leftovers for breakfast when possible. I don't like sweet stuff, I don't really care for cereal, and I like to eat more calories later in the day. You may be totally different. You should experiment and see what works best for your hunger, energy level, etc.
  • Nickeybody
    Nickeybody Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No medical issue
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    what do you eat for breakfast now that you enjoy? Can you just eat less of it?
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is 1/4 or 1/2 avocado mashed on a slice of sprouted grain toast (higher fiber and protein than regular bread, and toasts up realllly well) with either bacon or turkey sausage, and some fruit. It's usually in the 250-350 calorie range. If I don't have avocado on hand I use 16g (about 1 tablespoon) of PB.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup (26 grams) of oatmeal, 1 tb (16 grams) peanut butter, 1 container of dannon light greek yogurt, and 1/4 cup berries. It's just under 300 calories and great combo of protein, fat, and fiber. Not everyone would like to combine this, but I love it.
  • SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I normally like to stick to about 200 calories or less for breakfast as I prefer to have a big evening meal instead.

So breakfast for me is usually just a yogurt and a cup of tea. But at the weekend I usually have something a bit more filling like a toasted cinnamon bagel or teacake with light margarine, or a boiled egg with soldiers or a handful of cereal with milk.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I don't try for really low-cal breakfasts, as I want to start my day feeling full and energized. I try and restrain my calories more at lunch and dinner. I shoot for about 400 calories for breakfast, and I work to get all the food groups in.

My favourite breakfast these days is overnight oats soaked in low-fat yogurt, sometimes made with chia seeds, with fruit and sunflower seeds or nuts.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bowl of oatmeal, skim milk, goji berries and sometimes with some nuts
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm personally not much of a cereal guy except for oats. In particular, I wouldn't be overly happy with cereal alone...I'd be pretty hungry a short time later.

I've never looked much at the nutritional label of special K, but you should really start there and start learning how to read nutritional labels...you will also have to learn to put that information into the context of you diet at large, not one individual meal or food item.

I have eggs pretty much every day for my breakfast...usually with either beans or oats...curried lentils on the weekend (though I also do like to make hash browns as well). I'm just not a big cereal guy and never have been. A lot of cereals are fairly lacking where actual nutrition is concerned...but I don't know where Special K stands on that front...and also, like I said...you have to look at your diet in the context of the whole; last night I had some goodies that were fairly lacking in actual nutrition...but really, it was irrelevant as the rest of my day kicked *kitten* as per usual.