Help!!! I'm Desperate!!

Options
I am so close to my goal weight. I need to lose about 5 more pounds but I keep getting off track. I've been binge eating and telling myself It's okay because I've come so far and if I put on a few extra pounds it's not a big deal because then I only have to lose 7 or so opposed to 5. It's been about 3 weeks of this and I need someone to talk to and no help get me through it. I've been going through a lot of life changes and I think I'm honestly scared to be "done" losing weight. Has anyone else had this problem or know of some ideas to help get me through it?

Thank in advance to anyone who offers advice.
And feel free to add me to keep me accountable!

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    maybe you should increase your daily calorie goals a bit. Binging can be a sign that you're simply not eating enough.

I'm just making up numbers here, but let's say you're eating 1200 every day but then 2200 twice a week. That's 10,400 calories for the week. If instead you ate 1400 every day, maybe you'd stop feeling the urge to binge and only consume 9,800. This example would lead to about an extra 1/3 pound per week loss.
  • newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who binges when he's upset about major life changes. Maybe you need to meditate or write in a journal. That's what helps him. The next time you feel the urge to binge, go for a walk or call a friend. Feel free to add me as a friend or message me for support. I've had friends with binge problems so I'd be happy to help if I can, though I'm no expert.
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What he said ^^^^
    If you're bingeing then there's something your body is lacking. I also agree with the suggestion of eating a bit more calories every day to balance out and reduce the binge. I would die if I ate 1200 calories a day. I eat around 15-1600 which greatly reduces any binge cravings I have.