healthy food for breakfast

Options
What are some healthy foods to eat for breakfast. I tend to skip breakfast alot because I'm not a fan of breakfast (eggs, bacon, etc.). Any Suggestions?

Replies

• cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    oats, oats, oats
    I also eat eggs but you said you don't like them, but oats with a bit of honey and some cinnamon is amazing
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, cereal, fruit, smoothies, even a glass of milk...
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i normally have strawberries blueberrys with natural yogurt or alpen no added sugar or wholemeal toast with no added sugar marmalade
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I like yogurt and granola. Or even just a bowl of mixed berries.
  • mlhjjm
    mlhjjm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Almond milk!!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I couldn't go one single day without eating oatmeal for breakfast! I eat it with peanut butter, or I mix in 2 tbsp of flaxseed and 4 tablespoons (1/2 cup) of applesauce with some cinnamon. YUM! Also very filling but low cal :)
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Special K with blueberries yummy!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt! I love chobani espically the peach. I also love breakfest burritos with one egg and veggies. Apples with peanut butter are good too.
  • mgrimms
    mgrimms Posts: 2
    Options
    My husband eats two slices of whole wheat toast with peanut butter.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Whole grain waffles, topped with fresh or warmed frozen fruit and chopped almonds!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love to eat oatmeal (not the sugary instant packets) but regular oatmeal with a little fresh fruit and a little bit of splenda. Oats are a great breakfast that stays with you. You can put nuts in them instead of fruit, or along with the fruit.
  • Tanadog
    Tanadog Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually eat light yogurt and a Fiber One bar.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Dannon Greek yogurt with honey or Dannon Lite and Fit vanilia with Grape nuts, oatmeal with honey and strawberries, and I also eat Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal. These are my go to breakfasts..and if I want to treat myself (before a workout)..I go to Subway and get a egg white sandwich on flatbread with veggies!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned oatmeal soaked in 'x' over night.
    where X = water, or milk, or almond milk, or coconut milk, or etc...(Currently I'm fixated on water with Almond butter and calorie free jam)

I love me some blueberries in it! toss em in frozen, and assuming you didn't add a cup of them, they come out thawed ready to eat by the next morning.

This plus egg whites with Jalapenos. mmmm

I have a youtube video of me making my first 2 meals of the day. Takes 15 mins to make and covers 2 meals... Message me and let me know if you want to see it.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal. :)

Plain Oatmeal has so many possibilities. Toss some fruit in it, maybe raisins
    You say you don't care for eggs, what about egg whites? I can taste a difference, but I'm crazy.
    Fresh fruit, melons esp.
    Wheat toast, add some cinnamon and sugar if you're feeling wild
    Granola is groovy

You can also find some decent options at the drive thru, but many are heavy in fat.

Egg McMuffin is 300 calories, but not an egg fan, perhaps a sausage biscuit?
    Subway has some great options. I love to get spinach on my breakfast flatbread. Yum! (I get my lunch sandwich at the same time also when I head there.)

Or perhaps something less... breakfasty?

Why not some lean chicken breast with a veggie? You can get pre-cooked, pre-diced chicken at any grocery store and the possibilities are limited only by your imagination.

It doesn't have to be a 'breakfast' food to be eaten for breakfast. (Spaghetti breakfast ftw!)

My parents let me eat ice cream for breakfast and perhaps it warped me. As long as your getting your nutrition and calories, what does it matter? What do you really want to eat when you wake up? :smile:
  • DylanEades
    DylanEades Posts: 1
    Options
    Dead bodies are pretty nummy.
  • teampen3
    teampen3 Posts: 10
    Options
    If you like chocolate protein drinks.....try Special K. They're pretty tasty and it's better than skipping a meal.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Just make sure it is protein based, if not add some protein. Protein powder can be added to almost all of the above suggestions.

I do a pre made protein shake - just make sure over 25grams of protein. I do 30gr at 160 calories, not hungry til Lunch!

You can do it!
  • ashleypearcy_02
    Options
    :happy: o Ok i am new at this and i am trying to find good for me to eat for breakfast, lunch and super? please help me
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burrito this morning using turkey sausage crumbles, salsa, eggs and cheese (pretty darned good). Others I have often are 100 calorie english muffin + peanut butter + banana slices, Special K blueberry with fresh blueberries added, protein shakes with a piece of fruit, steel cut oats with sliced almonds and brown sugar (Splenda blend), peanut butter and chocolate cheerio's mixed together.

Those are pretty much my go to lunch. I make the burritos on a weekend and freeze them so I can grab one on my way out the door in the morning and nuke in the microwave when I get to work. My steel cut oats are individually frozen portions that I buy at Sam's or Costco and cook at work. The rest I pack and take to work and eat there.