Hubby needs some encouragement & friends

Options
Hi All ~ I got my husband to join MFP. He has seen me meet some awesome people on my time here and get encouragement and support that has kept me going. Even when I slip, I keep coming back.

After some very tough decisions in our life, he has decided he wants to try and get into the Navy. At his first appointment, he was told he needed to lose about 50 lbs. He has lost 18 so far in about 3 weeks. He's doing great!

He really wants this and needs to get some more weight off before he can even begin the process.

So as a member, I'm asking for some of the awesome people I know are on here to friend him and offer some support. I think he's a bit too shy to ask for himself.

So if you could use another friend or want to be a friend, please send a friend request to rmcgriff1978.

Thanks awesome MFP'ers!!!!

Replies

• kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    I sent one.. and to you as well! I always could use more friends/encouragement and be encouraging of others!!
  • dmaster555
    dmaster555 Posts: 73
    Options
    If he truly wants to join the Navy, that should be enough motivation to lose the weight. If he can't be dedicated enough to lose weight for the navy, what makes you think he will survive there? He's doing great now, so let him keep going. He doesn't need to be dependent on a bunch of forum members to push him.
  • aznikigirl21
    Options
    Thanks! Friends are always good. I actually met my Best Friend on here. Don't know what I would do without her.

Thanks so much. Good to have a new friend. :)
  • rmcgriff1978
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and friend requests. I already have a great support structure in place, but can always use more. I appreciate and am so thankful that I have such a wonderful wife to support and encourage me.
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Have added you both - I'm always happy to make new friends :)

Do you guys not use your food diarys? It helps with the support if you fill them in and make them visible! xx
  • aznikigirl21
    Options
    Now you just need a picture.... Lol

Can you upload something so everyone can see who they just friended?! :wink:
  • aznikigirl21
    Options
    Hey Witchy ~

I haven't been doing it. We will be doing that together now. I know that the tracking keeps you more honest they you would normally.

He is finishing a round of HCG. So his might look a little off.
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yes, it really does help. Keeps you focussed and it's sooo easy to accidently go over what you planned when you don't keep a log.

Good on you for doing this together. My boyfriend has joined up too :)