What are you going to do about it?
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Carrot or stick motivation?
  • racheljasminewood
    racheljasminewood Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @yopeeps025 I am going to change my eating habits. Started yesterday but need to stick to it.
  • rockmcman23
    rockmcman23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on a set diet?
  • racheljasminewood
    Options
    @rockmcman23 no, just planning on eating healthier.
  • Breeticus87
    Breeticus87 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Rachel! My name is Brett. I started to change my eating habits 2 weeks ago, and really got serious about it 5 days ago. There is not much progress to speak of weight wise yet, but I know its coming :) What I wanted to get you excited about, and looking forward to is the change in your mood, and energy levels. After two weeks I sleep better, I wake up full of energy, I haven't been irritable, or depressed, actually quite the opposite, i feel happy, and content, while also feeling motivated and strong! So my best advice is not to get tunnel vision while religiously watching the scale, but rather think of this as a way to feel better, and have a more positive outlook. If you can do that, the weight will naturally come off :)
  • racheljasminewood
    Options
    @Breeticus87 Yeah I am wanting to change for good. I always seem to go in and out of healthy eating. And when I don't I really don't and put so weight. But I also can get obsessive with trying to lose weight and eating less and less. I need to find a healthy balance to stick with it for good.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Fed up of feeling so uncomfortable in my own skin! :(

Well that's step 1. What's step 2?
  • rockmcman23
    Options
    It can be a stress not feeling comfortable. If u can get past the first few days of eating at least a few meals healthier then it makes it easier
  • racheljasminewood
    Options
    @rockmcman23 Yeah it's not nice. I can't wear many of my clothes anymore because I feel so disgusting and self conscious.
    I do really enjoy my healthy meals when I eat them. It's just getting into the habit of making them and not going straight to junk food.
  • rockmcman23
    Options
    Well what cn help is making the meals the day before.... u know like a bagged lunch lol
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hey Rachel. You are in the right place. There are plenty of us here to help both motivate you and give you that kick in the *kitten* when you need it :wink: Hit that Add Friend button and we'll help keep you going at it.

I totally get being uncomfortable in your own skin, it's not a good way to be but you are here to change that so you are on the right path. I've got a bit obsessive with some aspects of turning my health around and I've slacked off in other areas but it's all a part of the process. It doesn't have to be a bad experience at all. :smile:

Breeticus87 it quite right. I found just sorting out my diet gave me a load of extra energy and with that started to come a happier outlook on everything. It's not about eating less and less, it's more about getting the right kind of plan in action. Making just a few changes in the right places can make a world of difference. :smiley:
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    You can be successful using MFP. Many people have. But motivation has to come from within, not from strangers on the internet.

And then there's this:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818701/the-myth-of-motivation-and-what-you-need-instead/p1
  • juleslc77
    juleslc77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl!
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Only you can motivate yourself. We can all sit here and give you advice on how to eat, how to exercise, how to live but in the end, only you are going to decide if you are going to do it or not. So while support is always great, I'd be lost without my own support group, ultimately, it boils down to you. So with that being said. You can do this! You are a rock star, now go out and get it get it. :)
  • racheljasminewood
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yeah I know I have to really try and stick to this. Not only for physical appearance but for health and fitness and wellbeing! I notice I am very very tired all the time and i think my diet is to blame.
    These past two days I've been eating better and I already feel a slight difference!
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    It's just not the diet, you need adequate amount of sleep. sleep is great! You can do it!
  • FocusMarlon
    FocusMarlon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yeah eating better food that isn't full of sugars salt and processed will definitely make you feel better. Also drinking more water and less sugar drinks will help. The scale goes down with smarter food choices. It's a struggle at first but youll be proud when you over come it. Be strong minded determined and stay focused. You are given 1 body so nuture it make it the best you possibly can.