Knees Clicking?

Izzyxo3
Izzyxo3 Posts: 29 Member
I find every time I squat or stretch and bend my knees they both give out a loud click ( it does not hurt though) .I will tell you I am a young person though excersise is not my strong point. Any reasons to why this is happening would be great!

Replies

• jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    my ankles do it when I walk, not always but quite a bit of the time. I notice it more when I am in flat shoes or barefoot. No clue why.
  • Izzyxo3
    Izzyxo3 Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2015
    jmac4263 wrote: »
    my ankles do it when I walk, not always but quite a bit of the time. I notice it more when I am in flat shoes or barefoot. No clue why.
    Yeah elbows can also be the same, glad to know I not the only one! @jmac4263
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    If it doesn't hurt... No need to worry about it. The cause could be multiple things and really a doctor would be able to diagnosis why... But it be a waste of time and money if it's not affecting your function
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    my Dr and PT told me as long as the clicking isn't painful, its perfectly normal. My knees are less noisy when they are warmed up and kept warm, i also wear knee sleeves and they click and crunch less.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    This happened to me when I took time off from lifting (about 5 months) due simply to imbalance in the legs. One was stronger than the other and had to work or take on an odd angle to get back out of a squat and sometimes, they clicked or cracked. The more strength and flexibility you build over time, the better it gets.

See a doctor if you can't tolerate it or you're in any amount of pain beyond initial discomfort.
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    No... For some it's normal... It's called crepitus. Basically fancy medical term for cracking, popping or grating in a joint
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Mine have always clicked even when I was a little kid. It was a bit embarrassing in dance classes and now in pilates, but it's not a problem.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    jmac4263 wrote: »

my ankles used to click but noticed it has gone away since started to wear foot wear when exercising.

to the OP i had weak knees when i was less fit and more weight but never clicked.