Mental healthand being healthy

Options
I need to lose weight im 5 foot 7 and around 13 stone. I've had 3 kids and was bed bound during my last pregnancy.
Thing is I suffer with mental health problems and take medication daily one of which is an anti psychotic...all of those type of meds do not help when it comes to weight loss. I also have selective eating disorder and basically only eat food with certain textures, usually plain and I stick to what I know.
I work out daily not huge amounts but a bit of cardio and some strength

Anyone here also a suffers with mental health and how did you keep motivated?

Replies

• littlebrownbat3
    littlebrownbat3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated because the more I exercise, the better my mental state. Even when I'm tired, I realize the exercise I get is what keeps me on low doses of meds. Exercise is necessary for mental health. My mental illness is what motivates me.
  • rhiannonarmstrong31
    rhiannonarmstrong31 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful I must admit I'm finding feeling like I have to get up and work out before seeing to my kids is helping me face the day sooner. X
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I have anxiety, and I've noticed that on days where I work out 80% of the time I feel a lot better the next morning, waking up almost energized (which NEVER HAPPENS usually). I've been pretty depressed/low mood/highly anxious/low energy for a while, and all the doctors I talked to said that exercise is just as good as any medication they would put me on, without side effects. It's definitely a major motivator itself. That said, I am just getting started & I've only been at this for about a month and I'm still figuring things out.