Help!! I'm addicted to weighing myself!

Options
Anyone else have this problem? It's not because I'm obsessed with how much I've lost-- I'm genuinely curious as to how much I weigh on a daily basis (3 or 4 times a day) maybe I should trash the scale completely? If it's there in the bathroom I cannot help but step on it.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Is this harming you somehow? If so, you might want to get rid of it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Walk away from the scale!
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day but found it was starting to dictate my mood for the day so I took the decision to stop. Now I just weigh on check in days with my coach. It was hard to stop but it's so liberating and obviously a lot healthier not to be a slave to a number :)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I way like 6 times a day...It's okay. That's assuming it doesn't mess with you psychologically.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Stick to a set time/day and only get on the scale then. When you weigh multiple times a day, you're weighing all the food and drink you've consumed so your bound to see even greater fluctuations.
  • scasey250
    scasey250 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So am I.. I do it every morning same time
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday and only track it on MFP weekly. I don't do it because I HAVE to. I'm just curious. I say weight yourself but also take pictures and measure yourself in case the scale starts lying to ya!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I know this is a problem in the weight loss community as my dietitian specifically asked me to weigh myself no more than once a week. It can become an obsession.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    As long as you're taking the weigh-ins to be data and not a value or judgement on yourself as a person, there's no issue.
  • Bencathey
    Bencathey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really like to weigh myself pre and post poop. I totally do this everyday
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Bencathey wrote: »
    I really like to weigh myself pre and post poop. I totally do this everyday

It's not an addiction if it's research! Make a graph, just in case anyone questions it.