Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Hey, I've been doing exercising and eating well for about 5 weeks now (yay!) and I want to look into investing into a Heart Rate Monitor.

I wanted to look for something affordable (I'm 18 --- I don't have that much money LOL).

Any suggestions? I'm looking for one that also counts how many calories were burned during a workout. :) Thank you!

Replies

• texasrebel83
    texasrebel83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Look for one with a chest strap, they are much more accurate as the monitor your HR constantly. I have the Polar FT4, I bought it at Target for around $90. When I was looking for one, it seemed that most ran in the 80-120 range that were decent.
  • care1221
    care1221 Posts: 27
    Options
    amizon.com i bought a polar f6 for about 50$ there were cheaper brands also but it works great it comes with strap and watch its addicting to wear it to see what u burn doing all sorts of stuff!! yard work is the best mowing the lawn and raking it amazing what u burn :)
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Lots of people love their Polars. I have a Garmin FR60 that I'm very happy with.

2 things to look for.

1. If it doesn't have a chest strap, it's pretty much worthless.

2. Some of the GPS watches don't use your heart rate to figure your calorie burn. It's strictly for your information. No point to one of those.

They run from $60 to multiple hundreds.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'm actually on amazon and really liking what I see from Polars... they are a bit pricey, but I'd rather have something that's accurate in the end. I'll be considering one I saw for about 60 or so dollars :)