Weight loss after surgery

Options
loren_jaylon
loren_jaylon Posts: 26 Member
I gain a hell of a lot of weight after my knee surgery in Feb. I was so depressed pay got cut not to mention is took me nearly 7weeks to walk again. I'm going to my country and I need to be fit again. Do you have a story a success story after your surgery please share your story and the plan you followed

Replies

• keana55
    keana55 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes! Success after two surgeries for a broken leg. It's taken over two years but I've lost 86 lbs, most of the time in a wheelchair, on a walker or with a cane. No big secret here. I followed the MFP plan set out for me and adjusted calories down for days of little or no exercise.

I used the guided program to set goals and set my activity level at "Sedentary" and my weight loss goal at 1 lb a week. Tried to move as much as possible. I did weights with my arms and had Physical Therapy. But almost all my weight was lost by cutting back on calories and eating healthier foods. I lost 54 lbs the first year basically following the food plan.

My stats: 65 yo female. Beginning weight 265 lbs, currrent weight 178 lbs, goal weight 155 lbs, height 5'8".
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    ankle reconstruction last summer, was out of work 4 months because my job is physical, exactly 30 days stuck on my back with my ankle elevated above my heart 23 hours a day. Absolutely brutal psychologically to be forced into being so sedentary. No real plan to speak of, I lost the fist 10lbs right after surgery, mostly because I felt so crappy. After that first horrible week I ate very healthy and took care of myself because I wanted to heal fast. I lost about 18lbs over the whole process, but it wasn't about losing weight at the time, I just wanted to get better and not come out of it heavier than I already was.
  • loren_jaylon
    loren_jaylon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thx guys This gives me hope. Looks like I'll have to keep up with keeping my calories low
  • bibimazoon
    bibimazoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Jan 2013: foot reconstruction surgery - weight 278 pounds
    Jan 2015 left total knee replacement
    Re activated MFP February 27 with a starting weight 258
    May 2015 right total knee replacement
    My current weight is 215, (goal 158) 5'8" 54 years old

With arthritis, joint replacements, menopause..I thought it was impossible but this is working! You can do it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!