T25 Alternative - too much dancing

Options
alsaxon
alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a program that is effective and will compare to T25 in terms of results? I chose T25 because of all the hype and reviews. From the first few days of using it, I definitely do not think it's hype. I believe it probably works if you can do it. For me the program is way too much dance like movements and Shaun T does not break the moves down he just goes right into them. Way too many combos as well. It definitely isn't boring, I don't want a boring workout, but this is just too much.

Speed 1.0 was ridiculous. I just gave up. Yeah, I'm not very coordinated.

Any ideas. I was hoping to stick to 25 minutes but any other alternatives are welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think fitnessblender.com generally does a very nice job of displaying the moves in its videos before it asks you to do them (and they're free). You can search by length and type of exercise. :)

One thing to keep in mind--fitness videos often don't explain the moves because they don't expect you to do each workout ONCE. In fact, it can be useful to watch a video the first time while plopped on your butt, so you can observe what other people are doing first (especially if you want to follow the modified/easier moves the first couple times) without having to worry about making your limbs do the same thing. Or, you know, not being able to look at the screen 'cause your face is staring at the floor.
  • alsaxon
    Options
    Thanks Cheshire. U make a good point of watching the videos first before diving in. I totally forgot about fitness blender. May give it a try if t25 does not work out and save myself some money.
  • reese00s
    reese00s Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    P90 gives you demos of how to do the exercise and is pretty short/easy to follow. Overall I like it a lot (haven't made it to level c) and have gotten good results without doing it 6 days a week
  • alsaxon
    Options
    Thanks Reese. I'll check them out.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I've been doing T25 for 6 weeks. The first two weeks I had to look at the screen and figure out what they were really doing, as this is my first try at a DVD workout. I still got a workout, but the speed one took a little while to get. The Alpha is the foundation for the others, so I took my time learning to do the exercise the way Shaun and the cameras showed. I was glad he didn't slow down as now that I know how to do the exercises the workout has been great for me. "Only 25 minutes". :smile:
  • Mizz_Mo
    Mizz_Mo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Barre3? I was lucky and stumbled on it on a food blog. It looks easy - but it is a burner (seriously, my body hums for a couple of hours afterwards). There are a couple of workouts on Youtube you can try for free. Here is a link for a free 15 day trial that gives you access to over a hundred work outs:

http://www.barre3.com/onlinefreetrial/ If you get a charge contact them at onlinesupport@barre3.com and they will reverse it right away.

They offer 10, 30, 40 and 60 minute workouts. Oh, and no, I don't work for them - I just love what the workouts have been doing to my body :wink:
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    When drawing a comparison between Beachbody's two main fitness people, Tony Horton and Shaun T, I think that's where Tony is superior. Tony will demonstrate a move before doing it, Shaun just jumps into the move with little explanation.

Fortunately, for most of Shaun's workouts, they are almost carbon-copies of one another. Seriously, go from one Insanity, Insanity MAX or T25 workout to the next, and some of the moves are either identical or a slight variation (I have no idea why the difference in naming of each video..........except, money). This makes it easier in the sense that once you have watched the first video or two in the series, you're pretty much ready for everything else the series throws at you.
  • alsaxon
    Options
    When drawing a comparison between Beachbody's two main fitness people, Tony Horton and Shaun T, I think that's where Tony is superior. Tony will demonstrate a move before doing it, Shaun just jumps into the move with little explanation.

Fortunately, for most of Shaun's workouts, they are almost carbon-copies of one another. Seriously, go from one Insanity, Insanity MAX or T25 workout to the next, and some of the moves are either identical or a slight variation (I have no idea why the difference in naming of each video..........except, money). This makes it easier in the sense that once you have watched the first video or two in the series, you're pretty much ready for everything else the series throws at you.

Great info and good to know!!
  • alsaxon
    Options
    Today was little bit easier - the total body circuit was not as "dancy" as speed 1.0. Gave me a bit of hope to continue with the program.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I have 4 DVDs and one is Total body circuit and 1.0. Aren't I supposed to have two different DVDs for these two circuits?
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I completed T25 a few years ago and had great results with it. It does take a bit to get used to the movements and you can always follow the modifier too until you get adjusted to the moves. Total Body was always one of my favorites, I also really loved lower focus! Lot's of squats/lunges. Good luck to you, give it a little longer and see if you can adjust to the moves. It's a great workout that makes the time go by really quick and you feel like you got more than a 25 min workout in.
  • alsaxon
    Options
    Reporting back. I'm going to stick with it. After a week the moves didn't feel as overwhelming anymore as far as picking it up. Thanks for the advice.
  • alsaxon
    Options
    I completed T25 a few years ago and had great results with it. It does take a bit to get used to the movements and you can always follow the modifier too until you get adjusted to the moves. Total Body was always one of my favorites, I also really loved lower focus! Lot's of squats/lunges. Good luck to you, give it a little longer and see if you can adjust to the moves. It's a great workout that makes the time go by really quick and you feel like you got more than a 25 min workout in.

Lower focus is not joke. that's the one that seems to get u sweating the most!!
  • alsaxon
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I have 4 DVDs and one is Total body circuit and 1.0. Aren't I supposed to have two different DVDs for these two circuits?

For alpha u should have 5 dvds.
    1. Cardio
    2. speed 1.0 and total body circuit
    3. ab intervals
    4. lower focus
    5. stretch
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    P90X3.....lots better,I can't stand Shaun T and his crazy "quantity and speed over quality" approach....
  • justash6406
    justash6406 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    have you tried CIZE from shawn T... i feel like hes better at showing moves in there, its so much fun
  • crystalsbt
    crystalsbt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started with P90X3, then moved onto T25 afterwards. I don't think I could of even attempted T25 without the base of P90X3!