chubby newbie

Options
Well, according to the BMI calculator, I'm actually an OBESE newbie, but that didn't sound as friendly in the title.

I'm a first-time mom who gained a whopping 87 pounds while pregnant. How embarrassing. I lost 53 without really trying, which was nice, but now I'm stuck at 210, and my pre-pregnancy weight was 175. I'm still wearing my maternity pants because I didn't want to buy fat pants and my old pants don't fit - even with leaving the buttons undone. So now my son is 14 months old and very active and I don't want to be that "mom on the bench" like in that diet pill commercial. I'm ready to get serious. I heard about this site from www.cafemom.com and decided to check it out. Hope to get involved and give positive updates on my progress! :glasses:

Replies

• RCMILLER2
    RCMILLER2 Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome! My sister inlaw and my sister both just had babies, so while I havent yet experienced being pregnant I know how hard it can be to lose the baby weight. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • tastigger
    tastigger Posts: 65
    Options
    welcome - this is a great site for support. Feel free to add me!
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Welcome!!! I understand your struggle! I gained 60 punds while pregnant! This is a great site with lots of positive support. Good luck on your journey! Friend me if you like!! :flowerforyou:
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You're story sounds similiar to mine... I started @ 201 lbs (I'm only 5'5") in August 2010 and I'm now down to 135. This website is great and as long as you log your stuff accurately and up your excersize, it works! I started by just walking 3 or 4 days a week but just kept close track of my calories. I gained about 50 lbs w/ my son and only lost about 25 until I joined (Max was 10 mos old). Good luck on your journey!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me if you like
    My daughter is now 16 months old and I'm almost down to my pre-baby weight, although I still have about 15 lbs to lose from there as I was overweight when I got pregnant :)

Good luck! It's hard to put yourself first as a mom but we can do it!
  • SparkleLisa
    SparkleLisa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome and like many of us here, I feel your pain! I gained 55lbs with each of my 2 boys... they are 7 and 9 and I'm still struggling with my "baby fat" - but this time will be different!! Feel free to add me as well!! We moms need all the support we can get!