Strength Training DVD's

Options
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good strength training dvd's that aren't boring? I need something that I will actually do. For example, I do Zumba for cardio because it is fun and I actually want to do it. I like to have something fun to follow along with.

I'm new to mfp and just started my weight loss journey three weeks ago. I've been doing all cardio because I thought that was good enough but I've been reading the message boards and found out that it is just as important to build up muscle to lose weight.
Any suggests of dvd's that are somewhat fun would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Beachbody's Chalean Extreme and P90X is what I would recommend.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    bum
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Ripped In 30, Shred it with Weights, No More Trouble zones. Awesome workouts anywhere from 20-40 minutes long depending on video and you get your cardio too. She will shred your body and get you defined! LOVE HER!
  • nemsamy
    nemsamy Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree, Beach Body's Charlean Extreme is awesome. It always makes me in a good mood.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a great introduction to strength training, because it's 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 of abs. It's only $10 at Target. I love it and feel I have increased my strength and endurance to do other programs such as the one listed above. :)
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Ripped In 30, Shred it with Weights, No More Trouble zones. Awesome workouts anywhere from 20-40 minutes long depending on video and you get your cardio too. She will shred your body and get you defined! LOVE HER!

awesome dvd's
  • suchecm
    suchecm Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks so much for the fast responses. I've looked up some of the suggestions and they look good. I love this site.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I like most of the DVD's listed but one that I LOVE that wasn't mentioned is Jackie Warner power circuit training. Love this one! You can use what ever weight you like. :wink:
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options

awesome dvd's

I just bought her "Biggest Winner: Win by losing" dvd set.
    They're really good, and keep you moving.
    They're fast paced so they really kick your butt.
    But also they're so fast paced you don't realize how fast the time goes. And then you're done!
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options

awesome dvd's

I just bought her "Biggest Winner: Win by losing" dvd set.
    They're really good, and keep you moving.
    They're fast paced so they really kick your butt.
    But also they're so fast paced you don't realize how fast the time goes. And then you're done!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I would buy a kettlebell, pullup bar and get on youtube :)
  • fitnesschick2011
    Options
    I love "Weight Training: Getting the Body You Want" by Annie Clark. She's an Aussie fitness instructor and the DVD covers strength training for the whole body, in a 3 day workout.

You can get it on her website www.annieclark.com.au or from ebay.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    P90X is the best. Everybody else copied it. Check out eBay. You do loose tech support thru eBay.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love The Firm videos!! I also have Bob Harper's dvd's and Jackie Warner......They are good total body workouts in one session. P90X is great but does different body parts on each day. It is all in what you are looking for. I personally like the total body workouts in one session.....Maybe b/c I am a girl!! LOL!!! J/K'ing!!! Good luck in your search!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kelly Coffey Meyer - 30 Minutes to Fitness. This is a whole series - each DVD has 2 - 30 minute workouts & lots of pre-mixes. The pre-mixes keep the DVD fresh longer.

I recommend 30 Minutes to Fitness: Body Training if you don't have any equipment right now. This uses your body weight as resistance. Collagevideo.com has video clips & reviews.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I love Charlean Extreme. I have used it for almost a year now. I now just stick to doing the strength and run for my cardio.
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    Supreme 90
    Split Sessions - Kelly Coffey-Meyer
    Olympic Lifting- Kelley Coffey-Meyer
    Seriously Strong- Gin Miller.