Frog Legs, Have You Tried Them?

Options
mccindy72
mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
Just curiosity. I have tried them before, they were a little fishy for my taste. I don't know how many calories they are but I don't know if I'd eat them again. Not really worth the time. Anyone else?

Replies

• SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love frog legs, but I like them fried.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yea, I think they taste a little dirty (like Catfish does) but they were ok. I think everything is good though with enough garlic and butter :)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I don't care for them. Not much substance and they leave a sickly sweet aftertaste.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I share the OP's assessment.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    They carry them in stock at my local Krogers. I've always wanted to try them but I hate dealing with bones.

It's the only thing that keeps me from buying whole raw or rotisserie chicken.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I always wonder what they do with the rest of the frog...
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Just like chicken when properly prepared.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    They are like a cross between chicken and fish.
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've had them on a few occasions. I keep thinking I'll like them more than I do - but it always reminds me of a scrawny chicken or an undercooked rabbit. I'll eat them in good humour if I'm in the South or being served them in a French restaurant, but it's always just as a novelty and not because I especially like or crave them.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I caught this gal barehanded just to show to my 4 year old, but yeah, I like them fried.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    My husband is obsessed with them. I think they're delicious too!
    Here are some buffalo frog legs We got a few weeks ago.
    uvdkz98wqutd.jpg
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Have some omega 3.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    They serve them a Chinese buffet we go to sometimes, they're really popular, the restaurant can't keep the serving tray filled up fast enough for their guests.
    The few times I was able to snag some, I thought they were really good. They were very lightly battered and fried, though.
    Not what I expected frog to taste like. Like chicken and halibut had a baby or something, maybe?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've eaten them in France

Seemed like a awful lot of effort for very little reward, and what I did get out of it was fairly bland and unsatisfying

I prefer steak
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I've tried lots of different foods, including frog's legs. The only thing I wouldn't have again is sheep's eyes (they stink!)

Current 'odd' food fave is kangaroo steak, although I'm having ostrich steak tonight for the first time.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I had them on holiday in France once when I was a kid, I thought they were pretty bland tasting and was quite freaked out by the thought that I was eating frogs, the happy, hoppy little things I'd seen living in my garden pond.
  • LLScho
    LLScho Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've tried lots of different foods, including frog's legs. The only thing I wouldn't have again is sheep's eyes (they stink!)

Current 'odd' food fave is kangaroo steak, although I'm having ostrich steak tonight for the first time.

Had ostrich for the first time the other week - it was lovely. Enjoy
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Not very interested in them, to be honest.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I always wonder what they do with the rest of the frog...

Have you heard of Spam? Or maybe they end up in chocolate cakes ;)