which protein powder do you prefer?

Options
ocean26
ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
I have to buy some protein powder for an upcoming trip and I really need it to satisfy my appetite. I'm in between EAS myoplex and pure protein because they have 23-25 grams of protein and only 1 sugar. Any opinions?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I buy the designer whey from wal-mart...it's dairy free and does the trick...I just mix with water and away I go
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Different proteins offer different benefits in the protein powder realm.

Whey - Anabolic (FAST digestion good post workout or Early AM)
    Egg - Anticatabolic (MEDIUM digestion rate, good all around protein)
    Casein - Anticatabolic (SLOW digestion rate, good PM protein)

All depends on what you want it to do and how it will benefit you, and your goals.
  • nickfn
    nickfn Posts: 19
    Options
    I've been using Body Fortress Whey Protein (Wal-Mart) for a few years,its been pretty reliable for me. It is 26g protein/2g sugar per scoop, though. If it's a recovery day, the whey plus a banana in the morning and I'm good to go until lunch.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I like the pure protein and the ON protein powders. They're both Whey proteins. I mix with milk and banana. :)
  • Lsnitkin
    Lsnitkin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My personal choice is Syntha-6. I especially like the Chocolate Milkshake, but I've also tried the Vanilla. Good taste, mixes well, a good blend of fast digesting and longer digesting protein. Also has some carbs; I've read that you should always have some carbs with your protein.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Both work great, you just have to try them to see which one you like better. I have heard Jay Robb is great as well! All cam be mixed with food or done as a shake or smoothie. I have one friend who mixes it with Orange Cystal Light and it is really good!

Have a good trip!
  • keschuh79
    keschuh79 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm kind of a newbie at all this protein shake stuff. I just started last week but I'm really enjoying GNC's pro performance amp. I use a scoop with 4 ounces of water post workouts. Fills me up and it actually tastes pretty good. Very little sugar and fat. No clumping. I've heard it's pricey in comparison to other products, but it's absorbs quickly and I already feel a difference in my workouts. Not sure if my situation applies to yours since youre just looking for something to fill you up... but it's a product I'm happy with nonetheless and would recommend for someone looking for a supplement.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think either would be a good thing- maybe try them both and see which you like better?

I use Body Fortress Whey Protein & GNC Pro Performance (I alternate)- and I mix with soy milk and a banana (funny how many people mix their protein with a banana- lol I thought I was the only one)
  • carolrayes
    carolrayes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh - Myofusion Strawberries and Cream flavour - its the nicest tasting protein powder ever - even my kids now drink small amounts and they hated all my other protein powders! It has a mix of whey, casein and egg proteins which is great for 'longevity' of the protein in your system. I mix in a blender one scoop, small banana and half a cup of frozen berries with milk or soy milk and that is usually enough for breakfast to fill me up until 11 or 12!
  • ghoztt
    ghoztt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    For post weight training workouts I use GNC Pro Performance Amp Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. The reason the tub is so big is so that they can put the name on it. javascript:add_smiley('smile','post_body') It takes great and goes down easy. Oh and if you don't already have a blender/shaker bottle, I highly recommend one. No more clumps!

For a meal replacement, I'm experimenting with the GNC Lean Shake 25. It's OK. I mean it definitely suppresses my appetite but it tastes like vanilla flavored skim milk and isn't really satisfying to drink a meal to me. That may be a psychological thing I'll have to get over but I prefer something solid/substantial during meal times. It would probably serve me well as an in between snack though.