Low-carb snack ideas?

Options
minigirl2
minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
Hi everyone. I find myself coming up empty with low-carb snack ideas. I tend to go for fruits, which are alarmingly high in carbs. Any ideas - simple foods or recipes - that have helped you stave off hunger?

Thanks!
Susan

Replies

• Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, almonds.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    nut butter on celery and beef jerky.
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    hummas and veggies is a favorite for me along with raw nuts.
  • michelleyingling13
    Options
    Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut-Peanut. Low in carbs GREAT for carb counting and great taste!!
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I was a total carb fiend but once I started counting calories I found they were always so high in calories that they naturally fell by the wayside. I eat tuna salad (for me just mayo and pickle relish in the tuna), cottage cheese, hardboiled eggs, and the coup-de-etat is a cracker by Townhouse (who would have thought?) that are "sea salt and olive oil". 70 cals for 6 crackers, and very tasty plain. When I eat a sandwich, I always use "sandwich thins" instead of any normal bread. Save your carbs for your fruit, so you can get a sugar fix in at the same time. Nothing wrong with fruit, especially something like a nice apple that has fiber too.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Peanut butter or PB2 (I can just eat a spoonful of the stuff!), string cheese, hummus & veggies, almonds or greek yogurt. I tried a new brand of greek yogurt this weekend - Greek Gods & I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! :tongue:
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Some people are grossed out by them, but my standby is pork rinds with sour cream. Yum! For an amazing breakfast, I make pork rind french toast with sugar free syrup. If you tasted it and didn't know what it was made of, you would never guess.
  • sandt604
    sandt604 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow Way to go on your ticker !!!