30 Day Sugar Free Challenge

Today I started a 30day sugar free challenge for myself!! It's super hard but I needed something I knew WOULD be hard!! So no fizzy, no chocolate, NOTHING that has sugar in it.. Well that you can taste anyway lol. Would really love some support and anyone who is keen for a challenge too!! Sugar free for 30days!! :s

Replies

• Nancy_g
    Nancy_g Posts: 23 Member
    Now that's a challenge! I'm a sugar baby so I always crave something sweet!!!! I'll tell you what, on the 1st of August, I'll begin this challenge. Add me, so we can motivate each other, doll.
  • guttahbuttah
    guttahbuttah Posts: 10 Member
    Yes join me!! I'm not a fan of sweets and lollies, but when it comes to muffins, ice cream aor hot chocolate then I'll dive right in! On my 3rd tomorrow, so far I'm behaving! I know you can do it too!!...I keep thinking.. "Only 30days.. Thanks girl!
  • KellyKat09
    KellyKat09 Posts: 33 Member
    I'm in! No soda or sugar in my tea or coffee. Yikes! Absolutely no candy! You better get my back, I fear this challenge!!!
  • switchwitch
    switchwitch Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    *sigh* - just to clarify this..so you are eating no vegetables, fruits, breads, etc, because sugar?

You do realize that you can eat sugar, be in a calorie deficit, hit micronutrient requirements, and you will lose weight and have an overall healthy diet, right?

if you really feel the need to do this, then by all means do it; however, it is not necessary from a health or weight loss perspective.

The only reason to avoid sugar is if one has a medical condition that makes you sensitive to sugar.

just my .02
  • guttahbuttah
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    *sigh* - just to clarify this..so you are eating no vegetables, fruits, breads, etc, because sugar?

You do realize that you can eat sugar, be in a calorie deficit, hit micronutrient requirements, and you will lose weight and have an overall healthy diet, right?

if you really feel the need to do this, then by all means do it; however, it is not necessary from a health or weight loss perspective.

The only reason to avoid sugar is if one has a medical condition that makes you sensitive to sugar.

just my .02

Hi! No no, I'm simply just doing this challenge for myself to keep me away from bakings and anything that is sweet, but to help me eat only fruits, veges etc. I'm not all into that detail with sugars in everything cause I'm sure sugar is in nearly everything.. But for just the obvious things. That's the perspective I'm going about it, challenge me to stay away from chocolates and cakes Thanks for that tho appreciated!
  • guttahbuttah
    I'm in!

KellyKat09 wrote: »
    I'm in! No soda or sugar in my tea or coffee. Yikes! Absolutely no candy! You better get my back, I fear this challenge!!!

Yes you can do it!! I'm just doing something I know I find extremely difficult! If this is you too then let's Challenge ourselves!

• melody812
    melody812 Posts: 3 Member
    I am in. I want to lose my big belly. I am new to myfitnesspal. The challenge will be post in here?
  • guttahbuttah
    melody812 wrote: »
    I am in. I want to lose my big belly. I am new to myfitnesspal. The challenge will be post in here?

For you all doing Sugar free for 30days with me.. I hope its going well! Challenge yourselves to stay away from that blueberry muffin and hot chocolate, and all them lollies you love eating while watching movies. Thanks for participating in this with me its super encouraging! I'm only on day 3 and surviving!! First time I had a fruit for breakfast today!lol Hows your progress. Hope is well!! Shout out from new Zealand. You cab do it!!
  • Tintin13
    Tintin13 Posts: 86 Member
    This sounds great. I need to give up chocolate candy bars. Good luck