Always hungry help !

Options
Im always hungry all the time and unfortunately i always give into temptation its just soo hard to stay away i downloaded this app to see if i could get alittle bit of motivation to cutdown from the bad stuff anyone else have this problem ?

Replies

• ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yeah, luckily I'm bulking. Donate money to charity every time you give in to temptation. At least you re doing something good then
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    After I eat 400 grams of cabbage/spinach/cauliflower/broccoli any "temptation" or "craving" that I had is gone. I don't keep any sweets/chips or anything I would love to just eat a whole box of in my pantry, instead I only buy what fits into my meal plans a calorie allotment for the day.

If I want a treat, I plan the treat ahead of time and work for it (and I also only buy 1 serving of it from the gas station lol)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal set to?

Most people are hungry because they've set their goal too low. Unless you have a lot of weight to lose, 0.5 to 1 lb per week loss is a sensible goal for most people.
  • wordbetsy
    wordbetsy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    After I eat 400 grams of cabbage/spinach/cauliflower/broccoli any "temptation" or "craving" that I had is gone. I don't keep any sweets/chips or anything I would love to just eat a whole box of in my pantry, instead I only buy what fits into my meal plans a calorie allotment for the day.

If I want a treat, I plan the treat ahead of time and work for it (and I also only buy 1 serving of it from the gas station lol)

Hmmm never tried that so cauliflower spinach broccolli im going to have to try that out off to the grocery store tommorrow i go ! Lol
  • wordbetsy
    Options

Most people are hungry because they've set their goal too low. Unless you have a lot of weight to lose, 0.5 to 1 lb per week loss is a sensible goal for most people.

My goal is 1200 calories per day though im not sure if its too low of a goal or too high ?
  • wordbetsy
    Options
    Yeah, luckily I'm bulking. Donate money to charity every time you give in to temptation. At least you re doing something good then

Then i'd be homeless myself
  • kaileyfry
    kaileyfry Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Eat all you want.. But stay away from carbs and high levels of sodium & sugar.
  • wordbetsy
    Options
    kaileyfry wrote: »

Thanks for the tip !
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • harlequin0318
    Options
    wordbetsy wrote: »

My goal is 1200 calories per day though im not sure if its too low of a goal or too high ?

That's the minimum goal allowed on the site, go here to find a more accurate calorie level - http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

• catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    kaileyfry wrote: »

what? o.0 whats the point of calorie counting then?
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I understand the wanting to change things now mentality,but it come at a high risk low reward out come. Without any information I can only assume that you are eating less than you need in order to make progress. Most people can loss weight on 10-12 times their body weight in calories. If you want to eat more cardio has a host of other befits but can also enable you to eat more a day.

Before anyone on the anti cardio movement shoots me, walking is cardio and should be done. Best regards.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

How much weight do you wish to lose? If MFP set your goal to 1200 calories, this is probably because you clicked that you wanted to lose 2 lbs per week when it asked you this during the initial set up. If you are struggling to stick to that goal then reassess your weekly weight loss goal.

Also note that MFP bases 1200 calories on being sedentary. If you workout, then you are supposed to eat back exercise calories so that your NET calories intake is at least 1200 cals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

there you go. is that to lose 2lb per week?

try eating more fat and protein to keep you full.
  • karimk80
    karimk80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

• AzubuDragon
    AzubuDragon Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you split your meals up to 200 calories and eat 6 times a day, it'll help with cravings. You won't be full after you eat but you'll be not hungry. That's how it's supposed to be anyways. And fruits and carbs give you a full feeling and they're complex sugars/complex carbohydrates so it takes longer for you to digest it so you're less prone to the hunger feeling. And most of the time, when you feel hungry, it's probably just thirst. Your brain sometimes mixes up feeling hungry with feeling thirsty. Before you eat, drink a cup of water and wait a while and see how you feel after that. It's natural to be hungry when you're trying to lose weight, but you shouldn't be starving yourself. Stay away from fat if possible. It's calorie dense. That means... It won't fill you up(give you the feeling of being full or satisfied) and it'll increase your calorie intake. carbs and protein has 4 calories per gram. Fat has 9. Protein/Carbs make you feel full and lasts longer than fat.
  • karimk80
    karimk80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree. I need to lose 3kg and am hungry but it's OK as I can lose it quickly. The problem I have is that being of South Asian heritage any fat build up is round my tummy which is dangerous.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you split your meals up to 200 calories and eat 6 times a day, it'll help with cravings. You won't be full after you eat but you'll be not hungry. That's how it's supposed to be anyways. And fruits and carbs give you a full feeling and they're complex sugars/complex carbohydrates so it takes longer for you to digest it so you're less prone to the hunger feeling. And most of the time, when you feel hungry, it's probably just thirst. Your brain sometimes mixes up feeling hungry with feeling thirsty. Before you eat, drink a cup of water and wait a while and see how you feel after that. It's natural to be hungry when you're trying to lose weight, but you shouldn't be starving yourself. Stay away from fat if possible. It's calorie dense. That means... It won't fill you up(give you the feeling of being full or satisfied) and it'll increase your calorie intake. carbs and protein has 4 calories per gram. Fat has 9. Protein/Carbs make you feel full and lasts longer than fat.

just no
  • AzubuDragon
    AzubuDragon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been studying nutrition and body building for a few years. In school to be a nutritionist/personal trainer. Feel free to add me if you have any questions about anything. If I don't have an answer already available, I'll find out for you as soon as I can. It'll help me too because I'll learn more by helping :)
  • harlequin0318
    Options

just no

So much no - she's eating too little, that's it.