New Fitness Pal

Options
I am new to myfitnesspal today and so far I am really motivated by the site and the mobile app! I just recently quit weight watchers because it just didn't work for me. I followed the program so carefully for 2 months and lost 4 pounds. :( So, here is to hoping that good old diet and exercise will help!

I have toddler twins at home and for the first time I actually feel comfortable leaving them at a gym babysitting service. I am excited to start back up on exercising and watching what I eat. My main motivation is my children. I am beyond caring about bikinis and trying to attract anybody. I just want to be around to watch my children grow up!

I am currently 100 pounds over where I would like to be. I know that this is a long journey, but I am ready.

I have never joined a weight loss community like this before, and I am eager to get some friends to join up together so we can track each others progress and motivate each other. I truly just want to be healthy again! :)

Starting weight: 248
1st Mini Goal (230lbs)

Replies

• Sociallysavvyva
    Sociallysavvyva Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Log in as much as you can to get the motivation and encouragement you need to reach your fitness goals. This site is wonderful!
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Feel free to add me!!!
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using this site for about a month, and I've lost a few pounds already. My wife doesn't count calories, runs and loses weight on a whim. I can't do that. I have to track what I eat and how much I exercise, and this site is fantastic! I hope you'll find the community helpful and supportive!

If you follow the guidelines for losing weight, and take a realistic approach to a slow, maintainable weight loss, I think you'll do just fine.

Good luck!
  • sageston
    sageston Posts: 9
    Options
    welcome this is great site much better than weight watchers am sure u will get there feel free to add me
  • triciaw1975
    triciaw1975 Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey! I think you are going to love this site! Sending you a friend request. :smile:
  • stacyw466
    stacyw466 Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your goals. This is a wonderful site and really helps to make you realize where you can improve on eating and exercising. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • cheryllynnette
    Options
    I am new to this site as well. I have tried every diet known to man...ugh! Good luck on your new journey! What is all the "adding" thing? Is this like fb?
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    Cheryl - you can add friends who can give you support on your journey! Its a fantastic site and everyone is soo supportive! good luck with your goals and fee l free to add me :)
  • snrandol
    snrandol Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself to the board. :happy: My long term goal is to lose about 47lbs more. So far, I've lost 35lbs! So in total about 82lbs loss is what I'm shooting for. I used to write down everything I ate, but this site makes it soooo much easier. I'm doing the Turbofire system so if anyone wants to buddy up with me, let me know. Also, what is HRM?
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    Turbofire, sounds interesting?? HRM is a heart rate monitor, have just purchased one myself, cant wait to get it!! Its like a watch you wear and it tells you how many calories you have burned, you heart rate and all this other stuff. I have bought one for the calories side of things, I dont think my treadmill or bike show the correct calories burnt so this will be more precise
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love MFP too. Feel free to add me as a friend!