trying to get back on track

Options
Last year I lost 120 pounds. I was doing really good with food and exercise. Lately I have not been doing so well. A lot of it is due to the fact that I just moved in with my boyfriend. When I lived by myself I walked everywhere and hiked and worked out with my family. I would love to walk here but I have pretty bad social anxiety and I can't walk by myself. My diet has gotten so bad . All the stress is not helping. I've gained about 8 pounds if not more and 3 inches . I really want to get back on track so I can stay fit and healthy. Any advice or support?

Replies

• cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100 then my living situation changed. I stopped watching my diet and stopped exercising. Needless to say I gained weight, and quickly :( 50 pounds gained back over the past 5 years. I'm in the process of losing those 50 pounds now. Think about what motivated you to lose the weight in the past. You can find that inside you to be strong and made better choices. You already have to tools, and you know what works! You are here looking for a start :) that's half the battle! You got this !!
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wow you both lost amazing amount of weight. Congratulations to both of you. I had a total of 100 to lose. I lost 42 and then just stopped exercising and logging, I gained like 15lbs back. I started working on myself again in June everything is on track right now but I am always worried I will fall again. For me I actually had to reassess the WHYS because they changed as I was going on. When they changed, subconsciously, I stopped being diligent. They were the wrong WHY, otherwise they would have stuck. Now I am simply doing it for myself. Don't hesitate to reevaluate your goals and emotional motivation. I'll add you both so we can keep each other in check and not fall off the wagon again.
  • KeevaMc
    KeevaMc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First of all WOW congrats on the initial weight loss! I too suffer from anxiety so I got a second hand elliptical and set it up in the living room to get in a work out. I get very anxious about anyone seeing me exercise, so I won't let my boyfriend come in while I'm on the elliptical (he understands though, which is nice) and if I stick my ipod on really loud I can generally block out my brain for a little while and just get to it :smiley: