My story

tosha07
tosha07 Posts: 6
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Tosha and i am 27 years old. I'm a mother to two amazing boys. My oldest Jayden is 4 and youngest Mason who is 6months old. I am a student 8 more classes until l i graduate with my BS in criminal justice. I joined the Navy in 2003 spent 6 years serving my county. SO anyways i have been struggling with my weight since 2006, my first pregnancy was a high risk and i gained 100lbs. Mine you i was 130lbs before i got pregnant . My daughter Alyssa was stillborn Jan 2006. and ever since then dealing with depression and yo-yoing up and down with my weight and two kids later, I AM making the change. My goal is to loose 40 lbs before my husband comes home from his year long deployment. A friend of mine has been using the site and has seen great results, i have lost 5 lbs thus far and am on my way to a healthy new ME!!

Replies

• mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Hi there, Tosha, and welcome.

You're among good company here, as this place is chock full of supportive people. I hope that you find that taking good care of yourself helps you both physically, as well as emotionally. I can tell you it has helped me in both realms.

Again, welcome aboard.
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Hi Tosha!! I'm Tisha!!! You can do this!! Feel free to add me if you'd like!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    First of all, thank you for your service defending our country, you should be proud of yourself!

Second, welcome to MFP! We're glad you're here, this is the first step in changing your life for the better.

I can't imagine what you've gone through in the last 5 years, but if you're at a point in your life that you are READY to change, then you are in the right place and there is a lot of support here.

Feel free to friend me if you want! :)
  • djnelson1024
    djnelson1024 Posts: 138
    This is awesome Tosha and I am glad that you are here you can do this I did it I know it!!!! have great night
  • TatysTurn
    TatysTurn Posts: 15
    Go for it Tocha,you can and you will.!!!! you are a soldier.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    WELCOME! Welcome to MFP...You are in the right place!

Also, I am sorry for the loss of your daughter.

Also, also...THANK YOU for your service. I appreciate all of our armed service members..
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    we are here for you! You are on the right track!
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    i joined 5/13/11 and have lost 5#s so far. I want to drop 50-75#s when it's all said and done. Sorry to hear of the loss of Alyssa. Good luck reaching your weight loss goals in time for your hubbys return. Thank you both for your years of service our great country. Please feel free to add me as a friend. The more support/encouragement the better. The more you move, the more you lose. Have a pleasant night.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    You are doing amazing! I am sure you can get it done before your husband gets back! We are here for you!
  • tosha07
    tosha07 Posts: 6
    Thanks for all the support!
This discussion has been closed.