Who keeps losing their streak?

Options
Lmao, any tips/ideas on how to NOT lose your streaks, I had made it all the way to 20days (sigh) and then BAM just like that, gone, finito, nada. I just can't seem to get right, probably explains why my coworker calls me "can'tgetright"

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    My streaks does not matter. What matters is reaching my goal.
  • PamH_8807
    PamH_8807 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree with @yopeeps025. I had a long streak of 60 days then one day I didn't log in and I lost it, but all I care about is reaching my goal weight and doing my best to eat right.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    It cna be motivating for some. Just log on the forums and read or respond to posts. It just signified you were around hopefully logging.
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yeah I guess that is true, dang, 60 days that's awesome!
  • jendiaz9732
    Options
    OH yeah! I did not know that, bc you know some days I just don't want to log in my food, but that'll work.
  • jbouton40
    jbouton40 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't let a setback destroy your goals. Just move on. Forgive and forget about it
  • PamH_8807
    PamH_8807 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There were days I didn't log my food and would just sign in so it would keep my streak going. Somedays I don't have time to log my food or even log in, but I try to keep track of what I eat and try not to overdue on days I know I'll be busy or not around my phone much.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1137... seems to be working fine for me. hehe
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm at 90 something but about to lose it as I'm going on holiday next week and won't be online daily. BUT during my 3 mths on MFP I've had 2 occasions when I've been camping so offline for more than a couple of days - and I haven't lost my streak. I'm not sure how that's happened!? Anyway as others say it's just a number isn't it. The most important thing is meeting your personal goals x
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The streak is there for motivational purposes, particularly with the food logging, but most people have a hard time keeping it high all the time. If you go on vacay to some place where the internet isn't readily available or life just gets in the way, you may not get to log in. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you're still keeping the principles of tracking what you eat and exercising whether or not you're on MFP :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I've never had a streak...I've never really thought of logging into a website as and keeping a streak as being detrimental to my goals...it's just a website...it's a useful tool...but I'm seriously not going to get all bent because I went camping and was out in the woods without access to the internet and, ohnoes...website log in streak gone. c'mon...
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    the app on my phone reminds me it I forget. and I will just log in a coffee or something if I didnt want to log for the day lol
  • jendiaz9732
    Options
    I don't let it destroy my goals, but I want to achieve 30 days. I know I will do better thanks you guys! 1137 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!