Alcohol

Im at a wedding on Saturday night. What would be best to drink? I don't want to drink a lot but would like a few. Thanks in advance

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    What do you like to drink? What else will you be eating? What is your calorie goal?

"Best" can have many different meanings. Are you looking for low calorie drinks specifically?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Water is best. If you want booze, just pick what you like! Were I ever to drink again, I'd go with whiskey or vodka, but I can't drink, so you can have one of those for me...whiskey, please. :)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited July 2015
    What do you like to drink?

^^ This is the correct answer.

Either fit it into your calorie goal...or realize it's a wedding celebration, and one day won't throw you off your long-term goal.
  • msujack
    msujack Posts: 84 Member
    Anything that you like that fits in your calorie allotment. Not sure what you prefer to drink, but there are extra hidden calories in the same style of drink. (i.e. Miller Lite has 96 cals and Coors light has 102 cals, both a 12oz. serving where a craft beer will normally be in the 150-220 cal range).

If you are only having a few, it probably isn't a big deal breaker either way, but google the calories of certain types of booze and then mixers (where the calories really hide). Some whiskey is higher than others (flavored is generally higher) and alcohol content can factor (higher alcohol, higher cals).

If you grab a water between the drinks, you will probably save yourself a glass or two of calories over the course of the night (wedding receptions are generally hot, and if you have a drink in your hand, you will more than likely drink more to quench thirst). All in all, unless you are drinking white russians as frequently as the dude, its probably not going to destroy your calorie watching.
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    I don't drink anymore, but if I did I'd go with red wine. Less carb-heavy than beer, and I dislike liquor.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Diet soda and the alcohol of your choice. Alternate by having a no calorie, no alcohol option between drinks. (Water, diet soda.)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Shots!!!!

Check this website out... getdrunknotfat.com
  • sozy82
    sozy82 Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks all. I tend to have wine or vodka. I'm worried about the buffet too. Think it's a hog roast
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    When I cannot drink my go to is club and lime, but I would just budget your calories accordingly and make up over the week if you go over one day.
  • jamieb55
    jamieb55 Posts: 145 Member
    ^^^yep, vodka, club soda and lime and its very refreshing!!
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Bonus, but I remember reading an article that noted mixed drinks with diet soda instead of regular soda get you buzzed quicker because diet soda promotes faster absorption or something. I just prefer diet soda and usually get rum and diet coke and I usually feel it pretty quickly! So if you are looking to get drunk that's what I'd do. Or shots.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    whiskey sour and a rum & (diet) coke

Well, that is what I'd drink anyways.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    sozy82 wrote: »
    Thanks all. I tend to have wine or vodka. I'm worried about the buffet too. Think it's a hog roast

I'd worry about having enough food in the buffet :D
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Alcohol calories do not get converted to fat. Other calories that you ingest with alcohol are more likely to because alcohol gets preferential metabolism. Avoid sugary mixers.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edwardetr wrote: »
    Avoid sugary mixers.

Unless you want some. In that case, just make sure to log them properly.

• sozy82
    sozy82 Posts: 29 Member
    Think I'm going to have one wine then a few vodka and diet coke. I will drink water too then I may not each as much. Thanks all x