Threw away a week

Options
I think I just set myself back a week.

Darn pimiento cheese.

Replies

• SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm love pimento cheese! Nothing is ruined, but it's time to tighten back up. Were you way over your daily calorie goal?
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat anything for the rest of the day, I'm OK. It's only noon, though.

Maybe I'll do an extra workout this afternoon.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    One day does not ruin anything.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    larali1980 wrote: »
    If I don't eat anything for the rest of the day, I'm OK. It's only noon, though.

Honestly, I wouldn't deprive myself of food for the rest of the day or do an extra work out. I'd just log it and continue on plan for the day (maybe eating a bit lighter if you aren't hungry). It's one day.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Bad plan. Then you'll just be starving tomorrow and eat the rest of the food in the kitchen. Have a sensible dinner - do the workout you suggested. Move on with life.

• dahhhhhling
    dahhhhhling Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Bad plan. Then you'll just be starving tomorrow and eat the rest of the food in the kitchen. Have a sensible dinner - do the workout you suggested. Move on with life.

This.

One "bad" meal does not ruin an entire week, or even the rest of the day.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Pimento Cheese: The Caviar Of The South.

I don't know if that's true. I saw it on a TV show. :)

Everyone has setbacks. It can only ruin your weight loss if you let it. :)
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options

You have to eat at maintenance to "throw away" 1 day. You have to eat maintenance * 7 in a single day to "throw away a week" in a single day. Honestly, I'd probably puke before I got that far. Even on my worst days I'm yet to eat to maintenance.

Log it, eat dinner, go for a walk and call it a day.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options

You have to eat at maintenance to "throw away" 1 day. You have to eat maintenance * 7 in a single day to "throw away a week" in a single day. Honestly, I'd probably puke before I got that far. Even on my worst days I'm yet to eat to maintenance.

You can't eat maintenance without puking? How did you gain weight in the first place?? I can certainly eat maintenance, though I rarely do.
  • nordlead2005
    edited July 2015
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »

You can't eat maintenance without puking? How did you gain weight in the first place?? I can certainly eat maintenance, though I rarely do.

7xmaintenance is what I typed and I would puke at that point. But what I really should have put in was maintenance + deficit*6 = 1 wasted week. That would still be a lot for me at ~7000 calories. I'd probably still puke at 7k calories in a 16 hour day.
  • nordlead2005
    Options
    To add, I ate probably a 1000 calories lunch at a local restaurant. I'm still stuffed, and if I had to do it 5 more times by tonight it would be horrid...
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    They call pimiento cheese "the caviar of the South." That was on the excellent tv show Better Call Saul. Badass Mike brings a pimiento cheese sandwich instead of a gun, so you know it's good!

Ah, I see Kalikel beat me to it. It's definitely true; they're a staple at the Masters.
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys... or shall i say "y'all"... in keeping with the Southern theme.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I won't allow jalapeno pimento cheese in the house anymore. It's just a binge waiting to happen! At least last time, it was with carrots and not crackers/chips. :-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    With a 500 deficit, to throw away a week you'd have to eat 6000 calories in a day or something... Even if you overate by 1000 calories, you'd make up for it in 2 days. It happens.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    A bad meal or week, so what? You are only human. Get right back up in the saddle.