Hi. 45 with 160 pounds to lose.

Options
Hi! My name is Shannon. I am a 45 year old wife and mother of 4 children. I currently weigh 316 pounds. I've tried weight watchers and everything else. I would like to do this along with OA or FA meetings. I would love to connect with anyone who relates.

Also, I wondered if you are able to sync the misfit shine with your my fitness pal.

I look forward to talking with you in the future~

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Also, I wondered if you are able to sync the misfit shine with your my fitness pal.

I have a fitbit tracker and a withings scale I use, but you can connect up your misfit data through this link.
  • deb2676dm
    deb2676dm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Godsmonty
    Godsmonty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I totally relate. I am 46, have a husband and three children, 8,4, and 2 years old. But I must nonetheless focus on getting healthy, because I have gained even more in the last two years since having my third! I think I weigh about 212 pounds. I'm aiming to lose 1/2 pound per week. And maybe a pound if I get good at it.

I've been to OA in the past. I've got good friends here on MFP who have been super helpful. So feel free to add me!

I'm currently starting a calorie and exercise goal challenge called the August Ultimate Accountability Challenge to help me stay focused. I also check out the Nutriarians Eat To Live group and members - they are so helpful with ideas that don't require much cooking - something for which I have very little time!

And I'm also trying to clear out the majority of our household clutter before the end of the year!
  • dadrom
    dadrom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have lost 100 pounds in about 1 years time using MFP tracking. Keep using it. Log every single bite. It really works! Also, I added a walking routine as well. Only about 20-30 minutes per day. I have 4 kids as well and it is something we try and do together.
  • whisperingfairy7
    whisperingfairy7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I can see better how this works. :) I am trying to get in the habit of tracking everything I eat. I get on a roll and then I forget again. Any words of wisdom?

I'm also looking for creative ways to get active with my kids right now. Not just waiting until after I lose weight.

I did just get a Misfit and I am really liking that. Anyone else have experience with these?

Thanks again for the responses and encouragement.

-Shannon
  • s_shortridge
    s_shortridge Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a Misfit Flash and really do like it. Well, aside from the fact the clip broke, but I made some wristbands out of stretchy ribbon and I'm good to go. I average 7500 steps per day, so to keep to that I walk extra as much as I can. I have a slow metabolism. Keeping track of what you eat REALLY works. It makes you accountable. Many people think they CANT loose weight, usually it is, they eat too much and just don't realize it. --- My advise is, eat veggie heavy. When you eat veggies heavy, they are low in calories, they fill you up and you can just eat more of them. I aim to put veggies in each meal. I am learning to get creative. Plus more veggies and less sugar makes you feel good!! I hope you meet all your goals!! <3