New Member, 59 wants to see grandkids grow up.

Options
Hi My Name is Susan and I've fought with my weight since I was about 14 years old. I have four grandchildren ranging from 17 to 7 months. I am 5'2" and just broke the scale at 203 lbs. I'm fed up with not being able to get up off the floor without huffing and puffing or walking very far, I'd like to clean my kitchen in one day.

I hopeful I can find the motivation and support to bring my weight under control. I need all the help I can get. Thanks for letting me vent!

Replies

• caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options
    You can do this.. I am also a grandma of one very active grandson that I couldn't keep up with. I was obese when I started this last september but now I am over weight with 15-18 pounds left to lose.. If I can do this anyone can fill free to add me..
  • victoriashea
    victoriashea Posts: 112
    Options
    That's great incentive! If you need support, feel free to add me. MFP is a great resource and all the people here are really encouraging. Like an online family. Good for you for taking the first steps toward change.
    Good luck!
  • coachksr
    coachksr Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Susan. Welcome to MFP. I just joined this week. I'm 65 and I, too, want to see my grandkids grow up! Came here because I'd lost lots of weight and it was starting to find me again. Not this time! You can do it, Susan.
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend
  • susanweiser
    Options
    How do I "Add" someone? Thanks in advance.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Welcome,and feel free to add me as a friend too.