Wedding in 4 days & extremely bloated. Help!

Options
My TOM is next week and I'm retaining water REALLY bad this week. Normally I wouldn't be bothered by this because I know I will lose the water weight. However, my wedding is this Saturday!!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I am drinking a lot of water, but I am retaining it so bad.

Replies

• jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Cut back on your sodium intake. That might help
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    8 oz warm lemon water every morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Take some diurex. It's an over-the-counter diuretic. You can get it at any drug store and I find it helps me during TOM. Congrats on your wedding!!! I'm getting married in Dec :)
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    lower carbs and sodium, drink a ton of water!

Have an amazing day! Chuck the bouquet my way please? :wink:
  • hadiya1
    hadiya1 Posts: 2
    Options
    8 oz hot water with lemon will do the trick!!!
  • dalzinho
    dalzinho Posts: 52
    Options
    Work out your menstrual cycle well in advance and use that information to better inform your future plans!

But you know, get your butt into a sauna or something and sweat it out.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    water water water, low sodium, and pamprin always helps.
  • hadiya1
    hadiya1 Posts: 2
    Options
    dandelion tea will do wonders too!!!
  • kat517069
    kat517069 Posts: 6
    Options
    Get an over-the-counter diuretic. And have a glass of wine the night before the wedding....you'll wake up with your belly nice and flat.
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    cut out wheat and salt!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    watermelon is a natural diuretic. & Congrats!!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I was going to also suggest cutting back on your sodium. To be honest though, if your TOM is next week, you could be retaining the water because of that. A lot of people notice slight delays in their progress during TOM, but the water will come right off after it is over. Sometimes I find that a hot shower or bath can make me feel better but that doesn't work for everyone. For now, just continue drinking a lot of water, if the weather is hot where you are, chances are you will burn more calories during everyday activities anyway, so hopefully by Saturday you will be feeling great!

Congratulations on your wedding and I wish you all the best in your future!:heart:
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Seriously, drink water until you think you are going to drown in it. I would also suggest Midol or Pamprin or one of those.

I came very close to having this same problem when I got married. Luckily I figured it out and was able to use my BCP to my advantage and skip the month.
  • fumisato
    fumisato Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. I saw a couple of people were suggesting about "warm(hot) 8oz water with lemon in the morning". I never heard that before. Does it really work??
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    uva ursi
    Dandelion Root <-Ingredient in most natural weight loss pills (why? water is weight too you know and sells the effect!)
    Watermelon seed
    Caffeine
    All diuretics.

Spend some time in the dry sauna at the gym. Helps to push out some sodium too.

Number one answer for me is water though. Gallons...
    Edited to add, More fiber is not bad either...
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Increase the water, decrease the sodium. And I mean, like, ZERO added salt, limit any processed foods (they're loaded), and the warm/hot lemon water in the morning will jump start you. The doc that wrote the 17 day diet swears that it works. I don't bloat much, anymore, but when I did, I found that the OTC water pills helped somewhat.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    PS, CONGRATS on your wedding! :)
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    Thank you all sooo much!! I'm going to try some hot lemon water in the morning and I got some diurex today. Lots and lots of water coming my way! haha I cooked chicken on the grill tonight and made some steamed broccoli (bleh). Hopefully I can get rid of some of this water retention before Saturday!! It's super hot here (in the 90's) so I'll def be sweating a lot. haha Especially since it's an outdoor wedding on my mom's farm. We'll be outside decorating the tent Thurs & Friday and it's supposed to be a scorcher.

Thanks again to everyone!!!! I'm so grateful.
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    I had everything planned out great. My TOM wasn't supposed to be until 2 weeks from now. But last month I got realllllly stressed and it came early. So that really screwed me up this month. :/
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Water water water!

And make sure you've got 'supplies' in your wedding emergency kit. I got my period 5 days early at my reception, probably because of stress. Totally NOT fun.