Lemon water

What's everyone's advice on lemon water? Do your use ice water with (a) lemon slice(s)? Do you use lemon flavored water such as Dasani? Any advice is welcomed :)

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Do you like it? Does using lemon or flavored water stay in your calorie range? Then it's great.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    They told me not to drink it. It's for washing the gravy off your fingers.
  • HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    I use my juicer and juice a bunch of lemons, and then pour it into ice cube trays. When I want to have lemonade, I put one frozen lemon cube in a glass of water. That's the way I like it the best.

If I don't feel like juicing the lemons, I just use one of those devices that you use to get juice from a lemon or an orange. It's like a manual handheld thing.

When I get sick of drinking plain water, I usually resort to lemonade. I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners. I will only allow myself maybe one diet beverage a day, if that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    OldHobo wrote: »

Lol!

OP - If you like it - if it helps you get more water in - then great. Ginger and mint leaves....are other ways to change things up too.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Personally, I can't stand it. I like my water straight and no ice or lemon.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    I love water with lemon or cucumber in it, nice and refreshing on a hot day.
  • suzannefillmore
    suzannefillmore Posts: 7 Member
    I LOVE lemon in my water. I also use cucumber, or raspberries, or strawberries...or anything that sounds yummy :) For lemon (or limes), I first buy a lovely one (I personally buy organic, they taste different to me). Then, I roll it firmly on the counter until it is soft enough that I can squish it. After that I cut off the end and squeeze the juice out. It's easy and less messy. You do get seeds sometimes. Not a big deal. Oh, if you are using a water bottle just cut the end of the lemon a tad bit smaller than the size of the top of the bottle.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    OP are you asking about lemon water and it's supposed weight loss properties?
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    I read somewhere that the hot lemon water trend is bad for tooth enamel. Thats a beverage I hear is great for weightloss and detoxification. I prefer coffee, but to each their own.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    I like using this little plastic contraption that came with my water bottle, you can put fruit in it and it floats in your water bottle. I sometimes like lemon, sometimes I add one of those true lemon packets to my water, or something similar. mostly I drink it plain, or with ice though.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member

Having worked at Swiss Chalet in the past, we did alert some of the customers that they were drinking their finger bowls. lol :D

• Christine_72
    aledba wrote: »

Having worked at Swiss Chalet in the past, we did alert some of the customers that they were drinking their finger bowls. lol :D

Haha I've seen people do that on more than one occasion :anguished:

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I prefer the complimentary moist lemon scented cleansing square.
  • sandeegriffin
    sandeegriffin Posts: 54 Member
    Yes christinev297. I'm sorry I've should've cleared it in my original post. I'm asking for weight loss purposes.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    I read somewhere that the hot lemon water trend is bad for tooth enamel. Thats a beverage I hear is great for weightloss and detoxification. I prefer coffee, but to each their own.

No. Eating less than you burn is the only thing that will help you lose weight. Also detoxification is done just fine by your own body, unless you don't have kidneys or a liver.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    kkenseth wrote: »

No. Eating less than you burn is the only thing that will help you lose weight. Also detoxification is done just fine by your own body, unless you don't have kidneys or a liver.

This.
  • Christine_72
    Yes christinev297. I'm sorry I've should've cleared it in my original post. I'm asking for weight loss purposes.

If it does work for weight loss, it will be in a teeny miniscule unnoticeable way.

In the end if you eat more than you burn, chugging down 20 gallons of lemon water won't help you lose weight.

Stick to the calories mfp has recommended, and drink lemon water if you wish, just watch your teeth.

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member

sorry if i was unclear, what I meant to say is, quacks on the internet recommend hot lemon water. I dont buy that it helps with anything, and the only hot beverage I want in the AM is coffee. so much coffee.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    OP are you asking about lemon water and it's supposed weight loss properties?

I was thinking the same thing
    . I had a feeling the op thought lemon water helped with weight loss , as its a common myth .
    Op, if you like lemons then go for it but don't think it will aide in your weight loss efforts at all
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member

Then the answer is no. Lemon water has no benefit for weight loss purposes. Eating in a calorie deficit works for weight loss. Lemon water will help with hydration.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member

sorry if i was unclear, what I meant to say is, quacks on the internet recommend hot lemon water. I dont buy that it helps with anything, and the only hot beverage I want in the AM is coffee. so much coffee.

Got it! My bad, and ditto on the coffee. All the coffee.
  • sandeegriffin
    sandeegriffin Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks everyone for your responses :)