GNC Total Lean

Options
I just started taking my first protein shake ever.... GNC Total Lean 25. As a vegetarian who has begun working out 4 hours a week, I needed to increase my protein. This seems like a good low calorie option that has lots of other nutritious benefits. Though I admit shame to officially owning a protein shake bottle and a big container of powdered protein.

Are any of you similarly using Total Lean? Can we be friends and we can discuss our thoughts on the product?

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I also use this daily to increase my protein. Its 50 calories a shake and tastes the best out of all the protein powsers ive tried. I like it! But it does have some added ingredients that are for weight loss, but I dont use it for that. If they happen to help, so be it....
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    50 Calories a shake? Really? How many grams of protein and how many net carbs (carbs minus fiber)? I currently use Cytosport Muscle Milk. I like the strawberries and cream. It is very pricey though and has about 150 calories a scoop.

Ooooh, one other thing!!! Go to the milk section at your grocer and look for Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk! It was under $3 for a half gallon and is only 35 calories a cup with zero net carbs. It has a wonderful almond nutty aroma. I probably wouldn't drink it plain, but it is awesome blended in a shake!!!! With so few calories you cant go wrong. It has more calcium and other nutrients then milk as well.
  • mowrynation
    Options
    I don't use that brand, but do like the one I am using. It is Vegan. The calories are 170 but has 20 g of protein per serving.
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    50 Calories a shake? Really? How many grams of protein and how many net carbs (carbs minus fiber)? I currently use Cytosport Muscle Milk. I like the strawberries and cream. It is very pricey though and has about 150 calories a scoop.

Ooooh, one other thing!!! Go to the milk section at your grocer and look for Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk! It was under $3 for a half gallon and is only 35 calories a cup with zero net carbs. It has a wonderful almond nutty aroma. I probably wouldn't drink it plain, but it is awesome blended in a shake!!!! With so few calories you cant go wrong. It has more calcium and other nutrients then milk as well.

OOOHH I like that idea! I use Pure Protein powder with 25g of protein....it is 140 calories but worth after JM circuits! I can't wait to try it with almond milk!
  • bununu
    bununu Posts: 12
    Options
    My Total Lean shake is 200 calories per two scoop serving. And! I totally mix it with unsweetened almond silk. Delicious.

What is your vegan protein shake called?