Can't reach calorie goal...

Options
Hello Myfitness friends : ) I can't seem to get all the caleries in for the day and I am eating as much as I can. In the beginning, I rarely ate during the day until dinner time. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on types of foods that are low sugar that could help me reach my calorie goal? Or any other advices, thoughts or ideas would be very helpful. Thanks!

Replies

• eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter
    Plain popcorn
    Egg whites/ Egg beaters
    Deli meat
    Tuna
    Almonds
    Greek yogurt
    Green Beans
    Kashi Cereal

Also, if you have that many calories left at the end of the day, maybe you need to increase the calories in your breakfast and lunch meals, or add in some small high protein/healthy fat snacks. I know that I undereat sometimes during the day, worried that I won't have enough calories for later. But I always do :smile:
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    wait you can't eat ENOUGH calories?
    eat more carbs
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Make your own protein shakes. I make mine low in sugar - I use Biochem Sports Natural flavor - has NO sugar - I add my own or use fruit as a natural sweetener. Almonds pack alot of calories in a small amount with only 1 gram sugar per serving.
  • uubulldawg06
    uubulldawg06 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and nuts are calorie dense and healthy
  • achapman01
    achapman01 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    First, good job putting the effort in to improve your health! You may need to list more info on what you are actually eating in order to get better answers. That said, I would recommend a high quality protein drink, which adds about 170 cals and 30 grams of protein to your diet. If you are eating meat, eat at least four ounces per meal. I also find that black beans add a lot of fiber, and a half cup is about 110 calories. Raw almonds and unsalted peanuts are great snacks with realtively high calorie counts too. Good luck to you!
  • LALadyVT
    LALadyVT Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone :) Feedback was very helpful.

I am on the go throughout the day, which means that I am eating on the go as well. I used to be a snack type person, but since I've turn 38, my metabolism has dropped so I am trying to eat meals throughout the day. When I started myfitness a few weeks ago, I noticed that my sugar, carb and fat intake was high which explains the weight gain.

When I eat today, I don't eat regular portions, but will be hungry for a snack in a few hours. I am thinking that the protein shakes may be very helpful and I love peanut butter and most of the things you all listed. I will research recipes as well to ensure I get my nutrients and calories.

Thanks again and congrats to you all on your progress as well :)