buying new clothes....Again!

Options
txsarge17
txsarge17 Posts: 50 Member
In January I bought new clothes because I could no longer wear my jeans and shirts. I had lost quite a bit of weight from diet and moderate exercise. Basically I started eating healthy. But now, in my last week of Insanity, I have that problem again! I was getting ready to go out Saturday night, and couldn't wear any of my brand new jeans. Every pair hung off me so much I couldn't even hold them up with a belt (which I had to punch a new hole in). I wonder if I could sell the ones I just bought. Some were Lucky brand, which run over $100 a pair. Others weren't as expensive, but still not cheap.

Irritates me that I can't wear what I just bought, but I'm trying to stay positive since its for such a great reason!

Replies

• d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    I hear ya! I have NOTHING to wear right now, besides a couple of pairs of tights that are not quite tight enough. and 2 dresses that are both too big, but still acceptable. Some NASTY old tank tops from before I had kids. Its really gross. I bought new clothes in January too, and they're all huge. I was wearing a size 16 jeans, now I think I'm probably a 9... I need to buy some stuff but I live in a really remote area with no shopping. Purchasing a pair of size nine jeans without trying them on scares the bloody heck out of me! k, and excites me to no end! lol
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sell em on eBay! Or you can take them to a thrift store that buys clothes (like Plato's Closet, if they are in your state). That's what I've done! :) Congrats on the weight loss, having to buy new clothes in smaller sizes is a good problem to have!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Definitely sell them on eBay or maybe craigslist. Also check to see if there are any local consignment shops where you could sell them. Thankfully I still have containers of clothes in my attic for the next 3 sizes down. See, all those times my husband told me to purge the attic he was WRONG! I knew I could do this! Just went shopping in my attic on Friday!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    There should be a clothing exchange on this site!!! I am in the same boat! I am down a few sizes and what I did buy to help me thru doesn't fit now. My issue is I hate buying when I know im not going to be in them long. I am apart of two diff sites on yahoo. One is called freecycle (for free) and the other is cheapcycle (for sale). I just asked for clothes on freecycle and I am meeting a lady tomorrow so she can give me her clothes she can not wear anymore. Of course they are more than clothes on these sites but i love them! Just thought I would pass on this info in case anyone wanted to check it out.
  • txsarge17
    Options
    Hey thanks for that site info! I will be checking it out. I'm going to try to take the Lucky Brand stuff back and see if they will let me exchange it. They have an amazing exchange policy, so I might just stretch the truth and say they stretched ;)
  • MstarsElizabeth
    MstarsElizabeth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There should be a clothing exchange on this site!!! I am in the same boat! I am down a few sizes and what I did buy to help me thru doesn't fit now. My issue is I hate buying when I know im not going to be in them long. I am apart of two diff sites on yahoo. One is called freecycle (for free) and the other is cheapcycle (for sale). I just asked for clothes on freecycle and I am meeting a lady tomorrow so she can give me her clothes she can not wear anymore. Of course they are more than clothes on these sites but i love them! Just thought I would pass on this info in case anyone wanted to check it out.

That's an awesome idea. I had that same problem a couple of weeks ago. I bought one size, and then two weeks later nothing fits (in a good way.) I shop at Ross and Yard Sales a lot now, because I am so sure I'll meet my ultimate goal that I can't keep wasting money on buying in between sizes! I clothing exchange would be an awesome idea!
  • txsarge17
    Options
    I'm hoping this is about as small as my waist gets. My body fat is down to 15% which is in the ideal range for my age. If anything I'm working on building my abs up which may make it a little bigger (?)

But I'm still going to stay away from the expensive brands until I know for sure. How often does one wear jeans in Texas in the summer anyway? lol
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    That is a great problem to have! Great job!!!!....
    I just bought myself some shorts in an 18, I have a feeling they are going to be too big. I shall see when they get delivered:)....My saggy 20's just aren't cutting it anymore.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I put on some of my Lucky brands last night and they are too loose. :( I am sad because I love them. Luckily, I scored them at a thrift store for like $6 or something. I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of jeans shopping come September. :ohwell:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!