is intermediate fasting dangerous

Options
Ive lost 60lbs doing this before i knew it had a name i feel perfectly fine anybody got any info to share

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    No. Not dangerous as long as you maintain a reasonable deficit overall. Many people use 5:2 or 16:8 type IF methods, but the key is that you're still maintaining a deficit over time.

Regardless of what method you use, you should get enough calories to get good a good nutritional balance.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I lost the majority of my weight with intermittent fasting. I did it for just over 4mths with zero ill effects.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Quite a few people do it without danger. WTG on your loss.
  • shaft513
    shaft513 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys this app wont let me submit my daly meal plan because of not enough calorie intake well thats just how i felt today i guess there going to force me to eat lol
  • shaft513
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Quite a few people do it without danger. WTG on your loss.
    Thanks bud really appreciate that
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    shaft513 wrote: »
    Thanks guys this app wont let me submit my daly meal plan because of not enough calorie intake well thats just how i felt today i guess there going to force me to eat lol

Yeah, MFP's "Complete this entry" button is mostly useless. All it really does is do the "if every day were like today" screen, and pop a entry on your newsfeed about whether you were under your calories or not.

Your entries are still saved, just don't use the button on your fast days.
  • shaft513
    Options
    Now that info was really helpful thanks a milli
  • shaft513
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

Yeah, MFP's "Complete this entry" button is mostly useless. All it really does is do the "if every day were like today" screen, and pop a entry on your newsfeed about whether you were under your calories or not.

Your entries are still saved, just don't use the button on your fast days.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I very rarely hit "complete my diary".
  • shaft513
    Options
    Thats good to know i almost thought i should come back to this app when maintaining my weight was the goal so thanks for your input
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

quanity of calories is not the same as when you eat them.

I eat the same amount of food as many other people- anywhere from 1600-2000.... I just tend to push it back to the afternoon- I just skip breakfast.

Those are two different subjects.