Attention Ladies - Our Monthly Visitor.....

Options
Who happens to be not so welcome!!! So, I am approaching my" visitor" coming to stay for awhile. Usually about 2 weeks prior, I get very crabby and want to eat ALL the time! I can put on 5 pounds of water weight easily! Any suggestions or help to not see the scale move in the opposite direction I would like it to in the next couple of weeks??? And to curb those munchies.....

The cravings are chocolate and salt!!!! I have been drinking no less than a gallon of water the last few days because I have been retaining water due to the weather we have been having. Also my sodium intake is pretty good....usually no more than 1500 in the last few days (since I have been tracking it).

Replies

• chovest81
    chovest81 Posts: 99
    Options
    is it bad enough it is disrupting your daily life.....i recommend googling PMDD(premenstrual dysphoric disorder)
  • Volleyballgal
    Volleyballgal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For me I just try to stay busy. Crabby for me is not a very pretty site, so I tend to head to the gym or go for a very vigorous walk to try to burn off the crabbiness, but also all the chocolate and salt I've consumed. :) I'm right there with you.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately not. I gain almost 10 lbs of water weight every month :( I just keep up with my workouts and diet and know it'll eventually go away.

Midol helps clear some of the excess water weight out, but use it sparingly. It'll make you pee constantly.
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    i often chew gum and use minty chapsticks...sounds silly, but it help me
  • DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    Options
    try some low cal chocolate snacks (jell-o, 100 cal packs, etc)
  • linsical
    linsical Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm just getting over my crabby phase of my monthly visitor and boy was it bad this month! I usually don't have too much of a change in anything but I was so moody and irritable about 5 days before it started and had ridiculous cramps today. And boy the cravings for resee's cups let met tell you! But to alleviate those cravings I started making Chocolate peanut butter shakes with Jillian Michaels Whey Protine Triple Chocolate Shake powder let me tell you it's delicious!!

Hang in there I know it's tough but it's just one of those things!!