I'm starting to get back into biking

Options
00nick7
00nick7 Posts: 39 Member
Man, I've neglected my bike for the longest time and now I'm really excited to get back into the swing of things. I currently have a 2010 Diamondback bike and even though it is heavier than most average bikes, I still get around in it. For example, after taking it on the bike path on Santa Monica Beach, I rode it from there to Malibu. It was great and I feel great!

I'm just really hoping to lose weight because I don't have the best eating habits. I'm trying to lose the fat on my stomach and I usually stretch in the morning but that is about it. I know it's only 20% workout and 80% diet...but my diet isn't all there yet. Any suggestions as to what I should be eating more of in order to help get in shape? Anything would help. Thank you.

Replies

• Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am a BIG supporter of all things biking lol. It is by far my favorite form of exercise and I find it so relaxing to get out on a trail away from it all!! So congrats on getting back on. As far as diet just try to stick to your calorie goal, measure/weigh/log every thing you eat. Watch those pesky liquid calories that can kill your day. Eat lots of veggies, fruit and protein. Keep it balanced and I'm sure you'll do great! Enjoy that bike B)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    06988wt1smxn.jpg

Where I often ride

A 90 mile paved over train track system
    For bikes and joggers

Love it!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    A 90 mile rail trail? Where is this?
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I have a Diamondback comfort bike and a Trek road bike. I alternate between the 2, but the Dback is more to ride with my daughter's seat attached. I ride as much as I can!
  • 00nick7
    00nick7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am a BIG supporter of all things biking lol. It is by far my favorite form of exercise and I find it so relaxing to get out on a trail away from it all!! So congrats on getting back on. As far as diet just try to stick to your calorie goal, measure/weigh/log every thing you eat. Watch those pesky liquid calories that can kill your day. Eat lots of veggies, fruit and protein. Keep it balanced and I'm sure you'll do great! Enjoy that bike B)

Thank you so much!!!!