lower back pain

Options
Hello I am Michael and new to this site I recently have been having a lot of lower back pain and need some advice on what may be able to help if anyone has any tips pls let me know thanx

Replies

• Breeticus87
    Breeticus87 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well lower back pain can be a lot of things, a disk, muscle spasms, kidneys, im not a doctor so i don't know what would be the best thing to do other than get it checked. I can tell you though when i first started my journey 2 weeks ago, before this site, I was sick due to messing up my liver and kidneys with my unhealthy lifestyle.

My kidneys would cause terrible lower back pain, and all i really had to do was buy foods that helped with flushing them out and i got better. First and foremost if it is your kidneys then Water, Water, Water is the key, give those kidneys a break on having to filter the toxins outta the liquids you put in your body like beer, sodas, liquor, anything like that is really hard on your kidneys. http://www.yourkidneys.com/kidney-education/Diet-and-nutrition/15-super-foods-for-kidney-health/2924 that site has some good options for kidney health. One of my favorites is Cranberry juice, not only do i love the taste, but it really does have a fast effect on helping heal your kidneys.

I still recommend you see a doctor though, it could be a back injury, or kidney stones.
  • amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I personally have a bulging disc and go to physical therapy for it, so I can definitely help you out! First, be SUPER mindful of your posture not only when sitting but when standing too. Try not to cross your legs a lot or slouch on the couch. My therapist is also having me do a kind of core/pilates thing every day that I do before bed that has really helped.
    1.) To realign your back's discs lie on your stomach with no pillow flat for 2 min. (time yourself).
    2.) Prop yourself on your elbows but leave your hips down flat, like you can't use them for another 2 min.
    3.) Keep your lower body like in #2, but use your arms to do 10 push ups. Remember to not lift your hips.
    My therapist had me do the above for two weeks, then added this:
    4.) Do a kind of half plank for as long as you can, where your knees prop you up instead of your toes. Keep your butt flat- your body should be a straight line shoulders to your knees.
    5.) Do side planks, one on the right and then left, where you do the same thing propped on one elbow. This one is hard if you have balance issues like me, but with practice it's easier.
    6.) If you have an exercise ball, another good one is to start sitting on it and then slowly walk your feet forward allowing the ball to roll to the small of your back as you lie on to it. So you go from sitting to slowly down to laying on the ball with it in the small of your back. Then you slowly do it backwards to come back to a sitting position.
    These are the exercises I am doing now, but I'm sure she will add more when I go again this week. Hope it helps- remember to start slow in order to strengthen your back! Good luck- I know back pain is horrible, and some days are worse than others. :)
    **Please go see a doctor though, it might be anything causing your pain, not necessarily what I have.
  • Tunderlala
    Tunderlala Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a PT yet? That would be the best thing for you to do. Without evaluating you, and finding out what's the cause, it's hard to tell what exercises would help. Some could make you worst.
  • Rep4Him
    Rep4Him Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    PT isn't a bad idea but I would also stretch. Lower back pain comes often from tight glutes and tight hamstrings.
  • catfg
    catfg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I recommend receiving a massage, if it is not contraindicated to your condition. A 90 min full body session with extra focus on releasing tension around the hips, glutes, and hamstrings should help a ton!
  • tdr82
    tdr82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've had a prolapse disc in my lower back and surgery. since then the back occasionally plays up. I can recommend yoga as a good exercise to help with flexibility and core strength. I was also told to try not heated (bikram yoga) to begin with as you may overstretch and cause more injuries, best to ease into it and work up to the heated yoga.
  • Tamlyngo
    Tamlyngo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    After checking with you doc to make sure it's nothing serious, strengthening your core muscles really helps. I've had lower back pain since my early 20's and find it decreases when I'm at my most fit. Stretches targeting your SI joint help too. Good luck!
  • DanielGadsden2015
    DanielGadsden2015 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You might think I'm crazy. But my back was in the worst shape, spine was all out of whack, could stand long in certain positions. Hurt to tie my shoe. I ordered DDPYOGA, no back problems whatsoever now. No pain, no stiffness, if it gets stiff I can fix it within a matter of seconds. Plus I'm stronger and moe energy and dropped 60+ pounds