Dry July

Options
1235»

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Just back from a week vacation.. Was dryer than I've ever been on vacation.. Only had one glass with dinners. Back to completely dry now.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @tmbg1 - Good job!

I had a couple beers at the baseball game last Saturday but have been dry otherwise. Moving forward I'm going to really focus on drinking mindfully; not just having a drink because it's there or out of habit.

In the 3 weeks I haven't been drinking, I've saved money, haven't smoked and lost about 6 pounds (as of this morning). So many positives it really makes me think twice about how much I'll be drinking in the future. I can see myself indulging on special occasions, but it's been nice to get out of the heavy drinking a few nights a week I was doing before this.
  • Brooke1076
    Brooke1076 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I really hope it's OK to post here! I just made a No Alcohol August thread and noticed there was a Dry July thread here already! Does anyone want to make it 2 months and join me over on No Alcohol August?? It looks like you all did so great, congrats!!
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yep, see you there, thanks for the heads up!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Yes let's keep it going. Can you post the link? I need another month of good skin, weight loss, and saving money!