15 lbs!!!!

Options
I have successfully GAINED 15 lbs in 2 months since I fell off the wagon. I lost 11 and gained 15!!!! Kudos to my big butt! I am in absolute shock although I should not be since I have been eating like a pregnant cow carrying triplets and taking extra hormones to make milk! Once again (Although I say it almost daily) I'm starting over! I'm asking for prayers please (seriously) and encouragement because I am weak when it comes to food! Thanks!

Replies

• katiespruce
    Options
    definately praying for you. :) you can do it :)
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have been eating like a pregnant cow carrying triplets and taking extra hormones to make milk!

I LOVE that quote, I almost died laughing while reading it. But on a serious note, you can do it!!! The people on here are in the same boat as you so its great for encourgements and being true to yourself by listing everything you ate and burned will help you...good luck!!!
  • Volleyballgal
    Volleyballgal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. I know they say not to do this, but I get on the scale everyday. Really helps me stay focused. If I don't, I tend to eat just about everything in sight. And that's why I try to workout all the time. I love food...except for turnips, liver, and sea urchin! Stay focused. You can do it. Prayers and best wishes for you.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have successfully GAINED 15 lbs in 2 months since I fell off the wagon. I lost 11 and gained 15!!!! Kudos to my big butt! I am in absolute shock although I should not be since I have been eating like a pregnant cow carrying triplets and taking extra hormones to make milk! Once again (Although I say it almost daily) I'm starting over! I'm asking for prayers please (seriously) and encouragement because I am weak when it comes to food! Thanks!

You can do it!!! I fell off the wagon for 1 year, and gained some weight but I managed to lose most of the weight I gained back before the end of the year and only came out with a 2 lb gain since the year before (I have been on this journey for almost 3 years). I lost 24.3 lbs in one year, and then the 2nd year I had a 22.3 lb weight loss, which I was mad at myself for, but I was PROUD that I kept off the majority of it, and didn't completely screw up. It is all about trial and error!!!!! You can do this!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    You can do it!!! It is hard at first because you think you have so far to go. At first you really need to celebrate your non-scale victories : getting through a work out, logging ALL of the food you ate, staying under your calorie goal, burning 3500 calories in a week, if you lose a pants size - everything positive you possibly can - so that you can stay motivated. Take baby steps. Make your goal the first 10 pounds, don't think about the rest, just the first 10. I got really discouraged at first because one time I was carrying my 6 month old and my 2 1/2 year old across a field and thought to myself, "I have to lose these two in weight. My body is carrying this extra stuff around EVERY day." We can do it, a little at a time. Good luck. Be kind to yourself.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You got this so you gained few pounds back your starting over so thats good. Now I love food to and how i get around that is i exercise extra when i know im going to eat more. So if you have a day where you eat more go for a long walk before it gets to dark to burn off calories and drink pleanty of water like 8 to 10 glasses a day it will help with the hunger. Usually when your hungry your body is just craving water. If you want you can add me as a MFP friend for encouragement. I will be praying for you too.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary to see how you are doing and I dont know if you were having an off day but it was ALOT of junk foods such as cookies, big mac and stuff like that....try to limit the amount of cookies like having 3 not like a whole sleeve and other junk food
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. I know they say not to do this, but I get on the scale everyday. Really helps me stay focused. If I don't, I tend to eat just about everything in sight. And that's why I try to workout all the time. I love food...except for turnips, liver, and sea urchin! Stay focused. You can do it. Prayers and best wishes for you.

I do exactly the same!! Some days I can't check my weight -- and I refuse to check my weight in the middle of the day, so I check my weight every morning or I just forget about it for that day. I have kept an excel sheet of every weight I had from wii fit, I have now almost 3 years of data... It really amazes me how far I have come! Also I take pictures a lot. I used to do it every month, but I didn't do much of that last year and I should have, but I did that for the first year.
  • kare77
    kare77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Its hard...i fell off the wagon too, i lost 30 pounds 2 years ago and then recently through stressfull times (emotional eater) i have gained it ALL back. :sad: I'm new on here and starting from scratch and have to teach myself all over again. Feel free to add me as a friend maybe we can support each other :wink:
  • losinfat4good
    Options
    I looked at your food diary to see how you are doing and I dont know if you were having an off day but it was ALOT of junk foods such as cookies, big mac and stuff like that....try to limit the amount of cookies like having 3 not like a whole sleeve and other junk food

No that's pretty much how I have been eating non stop literally and I am just really trying to change! Thank u I'm trying to plan my meal for tomorrow hopefully I can stock to it. Thanks for helping!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Make sure you are eating healthy foods every few hours and that will help keep you on track. Try and be consistent too. You have the power to turn it around...
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I posted this quote on another thread tonight, and it might help you as well.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me."

one of my facebook friends posted it and it pushed me to start my healthy living almost 2 years ago. I lost 60 pounds and have been in maintenance. Life is good!

Good luck!!!
  • slimdebbiecakes
    Options
    I'll be praying with you. You just have to reach a point where your DETERMINED to get it off...if not anything to just prove to yourself you can.
  • tab143
    tab143 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a NEW day!