Elliptical interval training?

Options
So I recently started some interval training on the elliptical, but I would love some insight on what kind of training I can do to burn the most fat/weight.

Currently, I do a 35 minute workout, burning about 550 calories. I start at level one for two minutes and my RPM's are about 60. Then I move to level 2 for two minutes, then level 3 for one minute. At the 5 minute mark I start my "sprints" and bring my RPM's up to 70+ for one minute, then back down to level 3 for one minute. I do this cycle for about 10 minutes. Then for the next 10 minutes, I "sprint" at level 5 for one minute and and cool down on level 3 for a minute. From about the 28th minute-31st minute I'm just at level 4 at about 65rpms, cranking it out. Then my cool down is between 31-35 minutes.

I just started this 2 days ago, because I was getting bored with my "regular" routine. If anyone has a better "workout program" I could follow to maximize the burn, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I do roughly the same thing for a 30-40 minute workout. This is the 'jist' of what I do:

5 minute warm-up
    2 minutes at level 8
    2 minutes at level 5
    2 minutes at level 10
    2 minutes at level 5
    2 minutes at level 11
    2 minutes at level 5
    2 minutes at level 12
    2 minutes at level 5
    2 minutes at level 13
    2 minutes at level 5
    2 minutes at level 14
    2 minutes at level 5
    2 minutes at level 15
    2 minutes cool down
  • janew68
    janew68 Posts: 37
    Options
    OK, so I'm pretty much doing it right then...I also looked up some interval training and there are 3 different methods that I saw. The 30 second "on", 30 second"off"; one minute "on", one minute "off" and the Tabata training...I think I'll stick with my minute sprints/minute cool-down's, but challenge myself a little more every few days. Up the resistance, per say.

Thank you for the info!