Can't see the weight loss on myself

Options
Loosing the weight but can't see it myself in the mirror, only thing is my clothes are beginning to fit. Does anyone else have similar experience?

Replies

• vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I DEFINITELY have that experience. I know my body is changing because I've had to size down in clothes and some things are fitting different. Friends and family have noticed, but I hadn't. I take a pic on the same day every month and post it- again friends noticed, but I hadn't...until it was recommended to me to put all the pics side-by-side. I could see it then. If your clothes are fitting better and all, then something is going on- keep working at it. You're apparently doing a great job!
  • Wytcher9
    Wytcher9 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Agree on taking a photo monthly - make sure to wear fitted clothes so you can more easily see the changes. I've lost 21 pounds and cannot see the difference yet myself. I figure I'll see change once I get down a size or 2.
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Wytcher9 wrote: »
    Agree on taking a photo monthly - make sure to wear fitted clothes so you can more easily see the changes. I've lost 21 pounds and cannot see the difference yet myself. I figure I'll see change once I get down a size or 2.

Def wear something fitted...I guess it's different for me being a guy, my pics are shirtless. MFP might frown on you for that lol. I know when my wife has done pics like that (and shes bigger), she's done either a tight tank or a sports bra.
  • moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Try measuring yourself! I bet you will see a big difference in the tape measure #!
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Yep bikini shot every month or so - it's great to look back. You don't have to show anyone! Take from various angles and do your measurements every 6/8 wks as well x
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've been taking pictures, but not at the same day of the month. That's a great idea! I don't feel like I've lost much weight, but I've lost 58 pounds. It's hard to see it on yourself
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I am like that as well, then one morning I will suddenly be able to see a difference. I have pictures that I took and will take every 10-20 pounds and I do my measurements as well.
  • rachelecosse
    rachelecosse Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The other day I mentioned that I weigh less than my husband for the first time in our relationship. Of course, I said, I'm dramatically shorter, so I'm still wider than him.

"No you're not"
    "That's sweet of you to say darling, but it doesn't hurt my feelings. It's just true."
    "No it isn't. You're thinner than me now. Try on my trousers."

I did, reluctantly, because I knew they would get embarrassingly jammed halfway up my thighs.

...Except they didn't. I pulled them up slowly, and they went up and up and up. And the zip slid easily up the fly, and the button fit comfortably through the buttonhole, while I stared at my husband in astonishment.

No, you're not alone.
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I totally get it! I don't see much of a difference when I look in the mirror. I KNOW I've lost about 18 lbs when I stand on the scale, and I KNOW that I am fitting easily into jeans that I couldn't get past my thighs 6 months ago, but I don't really see it. I do feel much better though, and getting dressed in the morning is a much more pleasant experience now that all of my clothes fit again.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Measure
  • losingitinBC
    losingitinBC Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    yes! I am dealing with the same thing...lol I posted on here too.Its so weird because I *feel* so much better and can feel my muscles under the fat better and am more fit and have lost 24 pounds but in the mirror I dont see it.My clothes dont even seem to fit *that* much better...so yeah I hear you! Im hoping that it is a shortish stage.I really crave being able to see the results of this hard work :)
  • Mimishika
    Mimishika Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great to hear all about your experiences. It's true, I feel so much better, I don't struggle to get clothes to wear- these are my motivation.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It's the awful belly fat that isn't budging for me! I see the difference in other parts of my body but until those ugly rolls start to shrink...I will not be happy!
  • mystgrl1604
    mystgrl1604 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The other day I mentioned that I weigh less than my husband for the first time in our relationship. Of course, I said, I'm dramatically shorter, so I'm still wider than him.

"No you're not"
    "That's sweet of you to say darling, but it doesn't hurt my feelings. It's just true."
    "No it isn't. You're thinner than me now. Try on my trousers."

I did, reluctantly, because I knew they would get embarrassingly jammed halfway up my thighs.

...Except they didn't. I pulled them up slowly, and they went up and up and up. And the zip slid easily up the fly, and the button fit comfortably through the buttonhole, while I stared at my husband in astonishment.

No, you're not alone.

This is an awesome story! Hahahaha! Way to go!

As for me, I don't really see or feel a change. I don't see any changes and my clothes still fit the same. I've been measuring though, and the inches are going down. Dunno how my inches can be going down and yet my clothes still feel the same but I live in leggings and loose tops so I guess there's a lot of room for change there haha!

Oh and someone mentioned my work uniform looks looser on me, and although I don't quite believe them coz I can't see or feel my uniform getting looser, I'm still glad someone is noticing! Especially since I haven't told this person I was going to the gym. Woot woot!