New mom of 4 month old baby girl

Hi, I'm a new mom who's trying to get fit. I have my baby on me all the time, so gym is not an option. I try to work out at home using apps like NikeTraining but after 10 minutes of sweating I give up. I see that my baby likes to see me workout because she laughs so loudly. The most I've done is go for stroller walks when it's nice (3-4 times a week). But I know I really need to do some strength training to get rid of my arm fat, back fat, and belly.

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 831 Member
    Strength training will help you tone up, it won't necessarily get rid of fat from the places you want it gone from. Going for a walk is perfect exercise. You could do some squats/lunges/ push ups while Bubba is playing/napping.

As to Nike training try for just 10m to start and you can slowly build up to more. When I first started at the gym I couldn't do 15 lunges - I started with the 5 I could manage and built up :)

If you are breast feeding pleased remember that the body needs calories to make enough milk
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 491 Member
    I do Zumba. My kids (2.5 and almost 1) laugh at me or try to climb on me or dance with me. It is a good workout.
  • _thinbyspring
    _thinbyspring Posts: 5 Member
    @JessiBelleW yes I am breastfeeding. I notice my milk supply has gone down because my baby would still seem hungry. So should I eat more to maintain the milk supply ?
  • _thinbyspring
    @Zombella do you do Zumba from a DVDs?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Absolutely eat enough to keep your milk supply up. Doing otherwise should not even be a consideration.
  • JessiBelleW
    Yes! Please ensure you are eating adequate carbs!!!!! If you don't eat enough calories you will have to supplement with formular (so a top up bottle after each breast feed) to ensure your baby has enough milk to grow! All of your baby's nutrition comes from milk at 4 months so if you want to continue to breast feed you need to eat enough to ensure good milk production.

• JessiBelleW
    There is a breast feeding moms group on here that may be able to give you even better advice. If you use the search function it should come up
  • _thinbyspring
    @JessiBelleW I searched for breast feeding mom's group and did not find it