Getting back on Track after a C section

Options
leighlay7
leighlay7 Posts: 6 Member
edited July 2015 in Getting Started
Hello! I just recently had a beautiful baby boy on June 6th☺️ However,after an emergency C Section, things aren't looking quite the same... I know it's still early, but I really want to start making changes now, so that I can keep up with a growing/wiggly/moving little boy!
Any advice would be great!

Replies

• ashleydanforth1
    ashleydanforth1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a c section (almost 5 years ago) and would love some motivation to get rid of that belly fat
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Give yourself at least 8 weeks to recover first (no ab work!). Walking is good at this stage. Are you breastfeeding? If not, eat at a calorie deficit to lose some weight. If you are breastfeeding you'll need to account for that (add in calories to keep your supply). I've had 3 c-sections within 3 years.
  • serenityjohnson22
    serenityjohnson22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks I needed to read this. I delivered two children by c section; two years old and three weeks old. I have held on the last 10-15lbs when nursing my oldest and lose the weight once I weaned him two days after his birthday.

I am hoping this time around breastfeeding can help me lose the weight as I have gained weight nursing my two year old. Everyone tells your nursing helps you lose weight but it had me gained weight with the sugar cravings and healthy eating.
  • HalleyCampbell
    HalleyCampbell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I agree with an above poster that said to get out and get walking. My jogging stroller was the best thing I had after having my kids. When I had two I had a double jogger and it really helped to lose those 10/15 lbs after giving birth. My c-sections were 11 & 8 years ago. I still have some numbness, but other than that its back to (if not better than) pre-pregnancy. Congrats on the baby! :smile:
  • leighlay7
    leighlay7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was unable to breast feed- so I'm hoping that between watching calories and low impact exercise (like walking or swimming) that I'll be able to start getting back on track :)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    leighlay7 wrote: »
    I was unable to breast feed- so I'm hoping that between watching calories and low impact exercise (like walking or swimming) that I'll be able to start getting back on track :)

In that case you can start logging food and eating at a deficit and walking will be great! :) Once you go to your postpartum appointment ask about adding in different exercise. :)
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gigigee
    gigigee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Beautiful baby.
    I had a C-section 5 months ago. I am *starting* to approach my prior weight, but not there yet. Doing lots of online videos (like Barre3).