Looking for LOTS of motivation, support and advice!

Options
Hello!

I'd like to think I m a generally healthy person, I eat mostly a plant based diet (when I am around people!) at home when my kids are in bed I binge eat on junk food. Sometimes at work I grab a donut, or two, sometimes when I am driving I grab a donut ... Or at the store a chocolate bar and eat it in my van before anyone notices. Usually at the store buying junk to eat at home.

I always wake up the next day feeling ashamed, guilty, sad and have heart burn. I always want to change, I always think every day is the day and it never is!

I recently quit smoking, for about 7 weeks now which is awesome because I had the same struggles with cigarettes as I do with food.

I so badly want to be better! I don't know why I can't just kick this? I believe I am about 60-70lbs over weight.

First day starts again tomorrow, any tips and advice would be great!

Thanks for listening :)

Replies

• SEWNOLA
    SEWNOLA Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I feel like I could have written the beginning of your post. I think the thing is that most people have some sort of food issue. Mine is similar to yours. It is easier to stay motivated when people are around because they keep you accountable. I feel like I completely sabotage myself when I'm alone. What is that about? Why can't we keep ourselves accountable all the time. Anyway, just wanted to say that I understand, you are not alone. Something's that have helped me are just giving myself pep talks when I'm about to slip. The 20 minutes of feeling a bit deprived isn't nearly as bad as the guilt that follows an "alone binge".
  • HappyHannah0304
    HappyHannah0304 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the app! I think some of the most important things to have in order to succeed in your weight loss journey would be to maintain a positive attitude because sometimes it will be challenging but it is worth it. Secondly I would suggest making some friends on the app if you haven't yet, they help to keep you accountable and can be very motivational when needed. Feel free to add me, I share my diaries, random posts about fitness and my life and I try to dish out as much motivation as I can. Best wishes on your journey!
  • camground2
    camground2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Also. Always, always record every donut you eat or every good meal. Anything you eat record on MFP. You are accountable to yourself first and your community second. Anytime I want to eat a donut Ect, I look at my calorie budget and make a decision if it is worth blowing my budget or not. If it is, fine RECORD it. Sometimes I choose not to eat the donut
  • camground2
    camground2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you like...