At a loss!

A year ago, I was 110 pounds, running five days a week, and had control over my eating. After my life nearly feel apart, I gained 30 back in five months. I have struggled to maintain since but have times where I lose control again and gain. I'm now up 45 pounds. I'm at a loss with what to do with myself. I have some health issues that come up, so I am not able to workout like I use to, and life has just continued to go down hill, though I really really try to not feel so negative about it, my emotions don't seem to grasp that. I recently lost my dad, and I am desperately trying to hang on to his strength to get my life back on track. I'm tired of doing this alone, coming here, or other fitness sites, adding friends, and still feeling alone. I'm tired of not being able to deal with all the triggers around me in my day to day life. I want to feel like I can conquer anything again, I want to feel as though I have control over at least this part of my life. I'm dying inside, physically and emotionally and I'm just so tired of it.

If you are serious, about receiving support on your journey, (I have always been very supportive,) as well as giving support, than please add me. I just need my life back. The life where I can take on anything and still feel ok!

Replies

• suekday
    suekday Posts: 1 Member
    Feeling low is a very strong trigger for over eating especially high fat sugary foods. Craving them is our body's natural response to stress. You probably would be best seeking out help and support for your emotional needs(counselling?) before tackling your weight loss. If you don't the two will 'play off each other and you will spiral into failure and guilt. Sorry to be so tough talking but I believe it's the best way I can help. I too have health issues which limit my ability to exercise (I used to be an aerobics instructor) and have had to except the fact that even to maintain my weight I have to eat a lot less than I would want to. It was hard to face up to the realities of what weight loss and maintenance meant for me but I'm glad I did because I have dropped 2 dress sizes and have kept the weight off. I now have that sense of control. My advice is make sure you are mentally in a good place before you start, have realistic expectations about what dieting entails, eat the things you usually eat but in smaller portions, use fitness pal honestly - I consider it the best tool around and if you have a bad day/week/month just forget about it and carry on with your diet as before. Believe me you can do it.