A few weeks in - Time to make friends

Options
lpd11
lpd11 Posts: 10 Member
I am a few weeks in to my diet, 9lbs lost so far.

7 weeks until I run the Great North Run 1/2 marathon, the lighter I am the easier it will be.

Think it's time to get a bit of moral support.

Replies

• tkaysmiles
    tkaysmiles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Good luck!!
  • pedrozamatt
    pedrozamatt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'd love to run a few miles through some unusual terrain, but I can't because of a heart arrhythmia. I hope you do well in your marathon for the both of us because I just love fitness events. Good luck, I wish I could be there.
  • lpd11
    lpd11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support folks - I do appreciate it. Lost another 1lb this week so it's going in the right direction! Sorry to hear you can't run, it must be very frustrating, I will do an extra mile for you tonight!
  • lachivis
    lachivis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great weight loss!
    I love the feeling I get from running. I used to run a lot of races when I was in my early 20's, but I just got so heavy that I didn't enjoy running anymore. Currently I just got the nerve to try running again and that hasn't happened in decades! I started training for a 5k and I'm on week 3. I plan to be ready by mid sept.
    Good luck to you! Sounds like a very interesting half marathon! I'm sure you'll do great!!! I'm open to new friends, so add me if u like!