If I see 190-191 on my scale I'm gonna.....

Options
SCREAM!!! I hate plateaus with a passion!!! Busted my tail this past week got down to 186 only to get in scale this morning to see 191 again!!!

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Normal variation yo
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Take measurements, calculate BF%. Water weight can be frustrating. Keep up the good work.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    If the scale is moving--even if it's not moving in the direction you'd like--it's not a plateau.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'll pick up some ear plugs on my way home.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    busting your tail for me sounds like adding more exercise which means retain more water to repair.
  • Versacam
    Versacam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    busting your tail for me sounds like adding more exercise which means retain more water to repair.

I agree, I always gain 1.5lbs after a long bike ride, takes a few days for it to go away.. it sucks! :neutral:
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Perseverance will pay off.

Plateaus can be a time of great learning. Maybe there is something you need to be learning right now. Might be patience, might be you need to change something, might be anything really. Look for the lesson instead of focusing on the numbers on the scale.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    With the amount of exercise you have logged, I would guess its water retention. You might want to try a rest day??
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'd be thinking about the 186 - awesome!
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The scale don't mean anything unless you are a weight class athlete. You most likely have to use the restroom and have some water retention.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    check your sodium intake - I went up 5.2lbs overnight from Sunday to Monday - it was all sodium/water retention based on my sodium intake on Sunday which was really high. I'm back down to within a pound of where I started last Friday. I'm not passing judgment on sodium, just noting that it can affect your "scale weight" dramatically.
  • gmarshiii
    gmarshiii Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone just had to vent! Appreciate your time to respond! Hope you all have an AWESOME day!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Every day for weeks, I've been getting up and seeing the same pound on the scale. All that differs are the numbers that show up before it locks in on one...and the tenths place.

I am 6/10 of a pound from a normal BMI, so I've really been waiting on this loss.

I feel your frustration.

This is normal, though. You just have to be patient. It's going to happen if you stick with it. :)
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain; I've been hovering around 183 for the past month. Hang in there, it WILL drop. In the interim, you may notice your body shifting around. At least, that's what happens to me, and it's a precursor to a big drop coming.