No longer supporting McD's

Options
karenkwalker
karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
Ok my Non Scale Victory is my wallet is fat and I'm not. Not eating fast food 3 times a day every day - has put substantial money back in my wallet and taken inches off my waist! While working a full time job, and finishing my Master's degree and counseling internship hours in the evening - just lost it and didn't plan meals and ate fast food all the time. Got it together finally making a true lifestyle shift exercise and healthy meals! Yay! It costs a lot to eat healthy - but so much more to eat unhealthy! :bigsmile:

Replies

• NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    WooHoo well done! I too have chosen to trim a little fat off their bottom line (pun intended). :laugh:
  • allibawtez
    allibawtez Posts: 47
    Options
    You are so right!! I haven't eaten out in 2 weeks. My daily routine was breakfast at Starbuck's, quick lunch, grab a bite on the way home...like groundhog's day! The money saved can be used to buy all the healthy food. LOL =)
  • MMiles96
    MMiles96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good Job - That is a tough one for some to do!! Keep up the good work.
  • kickinkate
    Options
    Awesome!!! I have stopped supporting them (and Chick-Fil-A, Wendy's, Taco Bell, and on and on). I have saved soooo much money! Have you stopped wanting it?

After switching to a "real" food lifestyle, I can't believe I used to eat the stuff!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    great job. an even better benefit, when you are older and healthy, you are not only spending less money on food, you will spend less money on meds and hospital stays and their crappy food:) :laugh: also, once you do this continuously, you wont even crave it anymore. havent eaten fast food in almost 7 years.
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I try to avoid as much fast food as possible. I find that McD's will make me sick now if I try to eat it, especially the sausage, egg and cheese mcgriddle which was my favorite thing to get for breakfast. The burgers are starting to make me sick as well. I have to pass McD's, Burger King and Arby's all right next to each other on my way to work. Getting much easier not to find myself making that turn in to one of their lots. If I am going to eat fast food, I try to go to Chick fil a and get a grilled chicken sandwich.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I find that I no longer crave McDonalds or Taco Bell. I still have a sweet tooth though, but I can indulge that once in a while without too much damage.
  • Bromium
    Bromium Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! I've been fast food free since the new year and hoping to keep it up for as long as possible.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I find that I still waltz into Chick-fil-a, Five Guys, or In-N-Out every few weeks. I aim to wean that down to no more than once a month. But for now I remain imperfect.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It's so hard to break that tie between us and fast food... but once you do it feels great and there is so much happiness in eating healthy :) Thanks for sharing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!