Quick & healthy breakfast ideas

Options
ailweni
ailweni Posts: 8 Member
I've been eating bars for breakfast for a while now, and I'm bored with them! I would make breakfast in the mornings, but I tend to oversleep and never have time to cook.

What quick breakfast ideas do you have that are under 200 calories and that will fill me up so I don't munch on pencils on my desk?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    One slice toast with peanut butter, crackers with slice of one ounce of cheese, one apple with 1/2 ounce of nuts.
  • chaos2k
    chaos2k Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 cup blueberries, tsp cinnamon. Add almonds or walnuts to add more good fat and Protien
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal has to be the most filling substance on the planet. Very stick-to-your-ribsy, that stuff.

Fruit - especially with raspberries - and whole wheat toast. Eggs and toast. Meat. Granola!

A lot of people here have said that breakfast kick-starts their hunger. They have an easier time skipping it and getting to lunch than if they eat a little something. The little bit of food makes them hungrier than nothing.
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    chaos2k wrote: »
    3/4 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 cup blueberries, tsp cinnamon. Add almonds or walnuts to add more good fat and Protien

Yummy yummy!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    oatmeal is my favorite. If you are worried about time in the morning, make whatever it is you wanna eat ahead of time. You make baked oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches/burritos, anything.

I'd also add that under 200 calories is pretty slim for breakfast, definintely too low cal for me. my suggestions won't fall into that category in hindsight, but they would fall under 300 calories.
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Literally 2 minutes of prep. I skip the single-serve pouches and buy the big round bin but just leave a measuring spoon in there. I usually stir in flaxseed (when I have it) and nut butter, sprinkle a line of chia seeds on top, and sometimes poke some frozen blueberries into the side of the bowl (so they're defrosted by the time I'm done with the oatmeal) and/or put a tiny bit of preserves on top.
    With the nut butter, flax seeds, and chia seeds it's over 200cals but it's super filling and everything's good for you.

I also have Fiber One Nut Clusters in the cabinet that I top with chia seeds and milk for seriously lazy day meals. Don't like the flavor though, probably will switch to another cereal when I'm done.
  • megpie41
    megpie41 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Plain non-fat yogurt (or greek yogurt), 1/2 chopped banana and some chopped walnuts. I used to top it with a little honey for sweetness, but I've been leaving it off since to eliminate the sugar (banana is sweet enough).

I plan to do the same thing, but use steelcut oats in place of the yogurt.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Crustless mini quiches! There are tons of recipes online, especially pintrest. You can customize them any way you want, and since you are making them in a muffin tin you can make more than one kind.
    These are also a great way to use up leftovers.
  • jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    50g porridge 200 milk microwave job done
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt with the fruit of your choice.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt sprinkled with Fiber One cereal, berries & a few nuts if you can spare the calories (the fat in the nuts helps me stay full longer).

I prep oatmeal at night - stir boiling water into oats & snap a tight lid on. In the morning I just have to throw in a ziplock baggie with fruit, cinnamon, sugar and re-heat.

Egg Burritos can be prepped in advance & frozen. Lots of recipes for baked eggs, then you just cut slices, wrap and freeze. Then just reheat in the microwave.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    smoothies!!! usually just a few ingredients... might be a little over 200 cal but super yummy and filling
    1/2 cup milk or yogurt
    1 banana
    1/2 cup frozen strawberry
    1/2 cup frozen bluberry
    you can almost use any frozen fruit you like...then the smoothie is already super cold and you don't need ice :)
    I also use fresh fruit or thrown in 1/2 cup of oj or small orange when I'm needed that extra something.
  • CathieLaz
    CathieLaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    something with protein is good, like nuts or even a slice of turkey. You will feel more satisfied and don't even have to have a lot. breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast food :)