Overwhelmed

Options
2»

Replies

• sandiegomommy
    sandiegomommy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Even with all the negative feelings I still want to eat just because...... I often eat in the closet so therefore I'm not embarrassed of the quantity and poor quality of food I consume. Sneaking food til after hours and everyone is asleep has became a addiction almost. I'm at my highest weight 212, 7 months post partum and just blah

I agree with the post that a therapist could help. I'd really urge that.

I also think that shame is extremely counterproductive and not warranted either. Coming to terms with yourself and your habits and normalizing them--and logging them and talking about them with others both likely help--can be very important. I highlighted above what I'm referring to. In my experience and what I've seen and talked about with friends this idea of eating as something shameful and that you need to hide, as abnormal, creates pressures that make it much harder to not overeat.

So I'd stop by trying to stop beating yourself up and by trying to be as honest as possible about what food you are eating (and enjoy). There's nothing wrong--as you seem to think--with likely some less nutrient dense foods or eating them. You will want to get control over what you are eating as in the overall amounts and part of that is not feeling like you have public food and food you hide and sneak.

You can totally do this, and you deserve it.

For me one thing that helps is trying to have a radically logical, unemotional approach toward food. I know what my goals are and what eating choices will help me reach them, but I don't exaggerate the significant of something like going over my calories or having one less nutritious day or making a choice that wasn't the best. It's just food, it doesn't say anything about you or make you a better or worse person based on what you choose. And it's certainly not sensible or logical or serve any purpose to feel shame about eating choices or to beat yourself up.

Thank you for taking time to comment on my post. I never thought my venting would receive so much support. I appreciate your kind words and encouragement. Thus morning marked my first step to a healthier me.